How much you wish to pay for hosting your business site and personal site?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Alexishost, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your opinion about Hosting cost:
    Hi, We are just launching New unlimited plan , plan to get at least 50 - 100 sign up a day. and have some question in mind regarding pricing.
    How much are you willing to pay for hosting your business or personal site?

Thanks in advance .

2. mv5869

mv5869
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would pay what I need to pay.

Surely you just need to do some competitor research. Either get customers through low cost pricing (which will make it hard to make any money) or through a great service offering (which is difficult to market).

To answer your question I pay around $20 per month on average for my large sites, and host my smaller ones as free addon domains. My current host is fantastic and I am massively loyal, especially after so much bad experience in the past with useless hosts that promise 99.9% reliability utterly falsely, and then sting you with extra charges for DB usage, extra domains etc etc.

3. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@Alexishost
    I have done lot of research in the field of hosting industry
    As you are planing to get around 50-100 sign up a day , you need to have reasonable pricing less than 5$ p/m and good affiliate payout and have huge discount for first year
    Few pricing of industry leaders
    IPAGE,POWWEB,IPOWER& OTHER SISTERS COMPANY'S (They all are owned by a same company )Charge around $36 to $40 for first year including Free domain name
    Bluehost charge around 5$ p/m
    Hostgator charge around 60$ year
    DreamHost charge around 120$ year ( For First year they charge only $9.95 including domain name)
    ixwebhosting , justhost and other similar hosting they charge around 42$ Year Including domain name

and Alexishost if you need any help regarding hosting industry i am always there

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I use an Ultimate VPS Package from Servint, which is quite expensive at $129 per month. I'm prepared to pay more for a company I trust, good uptime and excellent customer support.

5. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Under $5/month pricing
    Thank you, realitybites.in . the personal plan is set up under $5/mo , $3.99/mo to be exact. and business hosting plan for $6.99/month.
    Let see how it goes.

Affiliate : high payout and discount.
    Would you tell me more about affiliate payout and discount?
    I am not sure about it. It seem it will cut our last year profit.

6. webhostuk

webhostuk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Offering unlimited stuff is a bad idea.. most customers are now aware there is no such thing as unlimited. Avoid it.. clients will feel you are oversell.

7. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For my hosting for my site I, it costs $5 per month. I think that is a pretty reasonable rate. webhostuk, you will be surprised, a lot of people still don't know this.