how much VPS is faster?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by tom52, Feb 20, 2013.

1. tom52

tom52
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I redesigned my site using WordPress and am interested to change my webhost.
    My site has a small traffic and is not expected to change which leads to.that bandwidth or traffic spikes does not worry me.

I wonder whether it makes sense to move over to the vps because of the need for speed
    or no sense that pays 4 times more for a site with low traffic
    Does anyone know about what the difference is in speed for shared vs VPS.how vps really faster?

2. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It won't really that matter if your site has a small traffic. It matters on your bandwidth and webspace. Can I ask what's your Hosting bandwidth limit, webspace and your new site address?

VPS is generally for bigger projects. Try, to know with your clients about the load time of your site.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

If your blog is not receiving a huge amount of traffic, you most probably don't need the extra expense of VPS hosting. If you are with a reputable hosting provider your site should run very well on that. Are you currently experiencing any problems with site slowness?

4. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

what are your current specs? You don't need a vps for such a small requirement. Since you redesigned the site with wordpress, was it slow prior to that as well? Are using any plugins currently for wordpress?

5. jakson0100

jakson0100
    uix_expand uix_collapse

all that stuff depends on several things:
    cpu speed - memory - configuration, etc.
    you really need to compare specs for differing hosts on VPS

shared servers - you really should stay away from huge hosts as their servers are usually way overcrowded and memory and cpu speed often suffer .

Any way you can trying a shared server 1st and it is easy to upgrade if need be!!

6. tom52

tom52
    uix_expand uix_collapse

nice advice, thansk jakson!