How much to Walk Everyday?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by printingray, May 28, 2012.

1. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Walking is the basic movement we do everyday, however there are some techniques to be adopted to gain health benefits. Give your opinions about how much you should walk everyday to stay healthy.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd say a half hour walk everyday, or at least most days, would bring health benefits to most people. Walking is good for the mind as well as the body as it is an opportunity to relax and enjoy being outdoors. Where good quality walking shoes when possible / practical, to help protect your joints from the impact of walking.

3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Gradually run after you get used to walking exercise. Join some fun run or eco trail.

4. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well walking is really good, I do take my daily exercise I Jog daily for about 30-45 minutes.

5. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I heard some news, ideally it is about 8000 foot steps.

6. RevaxMedia

RevaxMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Id say atleast 60 minutes a day if possible, try and park your car as far away from the door as possible as sitting down is very, very bad for us.

7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I really have no ideas how much to walk daily consider as good
    Personally I walk a lot (unfortunately mostly walk under the air-con area, not out door)
    The only I can confirm is I walk more than enough ... Lol

8. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, when I am going to somewhere else, let's say it's just a few meters away, or for example I am going to a grocery store that's about a kilometer away - I just choose to walk or jog. Other than having an exercised, you even got to save energy by using your car or save money on commuting or riding the bus/cab.

9. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Walk is the best exercise for our body... We all go in gym for make fit body. we gave so much money to make our body fit.. So i didn't go in gym. But i like to walk at least a one hour in a day... Means 1.5 km per day...i always go in office by train.. N many people know in Mumbai to get the train how much difficult it. so it's already exercise done in the morning... Jokes a part. But real thing is walk is so so good for our brain, legs, hands n all....

10. nagavenkata

nagavenkata
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to me, 1 hour walk is sufficent to a Person everyday.

11. Rosely Scalabio

Rosely Scalabio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I always spend 30 minutes just walking so that I can stay healthy and fit...

12. micheal.burns1

micheal.burns1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I run for 15 min on thread meal which is approx 2-3 miles

13. wasi90lk

wasi90lk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Walking is something every person with functioning legs can do. Personally I always enjoy walking, particularly at night.

14. psrb4u

psrb4u
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just walk for about 1 km daily. Try to do jogging very early morning.

15. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's recommended we walk at least 10,000 steps per day. Thats equivalent to about 5 miles. Walking is very important especially as business professionals. The more we walk the greater benefits we'll reap from our day to day activities.

16. TimB

TimB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am really lazy but since my Doctor has asked me to slim down if I want a healthy life without diseases. Regardless of my tight schedule I have managed to have short walks for like 10-15 minutes 4-5 times a day. Believe me it is really helpful!
    Best of Luck!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sprinkles

Sprinkles
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Every physically active adult should walk for at least thirty minutes every day. That is if you want to loss weight and and remain healthy. Walking on a daily basis burns about 150 calories, which would in turn burn 5 pounds in 6 months. This is considered the minimum daily requirement regardless of your body weight.

Adding intervals of speed walking burns a substantial amount of calories. You could even add walking sticks to burn more calories and build arm muscle along with leg muscle and add more to your cardio wellness.

18. Leejeong

Leejeong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I read some fitness magazine that a man/woman should have at least 1000 steps a day to keep healthy. I dunno how you are going to count your step, that's just what I've read.

19. kylesmith025

kylesmith025
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What I usually do is not to walk as an exercise but it is my daily habit. 5x a week I walk from my house to my office. the distance is 1KM which is equivalent to almost 22mins walk.

20. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's actually 10,000 steps a day. You can use a tool such as the Striiv pedometer to count your steps. It's pretty easy.

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

Tim, I can bet your not "really lazy". It's probably a lack of motivation, guidance or boredom. You have to find something you really like and jump into that.

No, a beer coming from your side to your mouth does not count as a curl ;-).