How much should I sell these items for?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Adam, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Heya. I need peoples feedback, how much I should sell the following items for on ebay!

Here goes...

Iphone hard cases
    [​IMG]

Ipod touch hard cases
    [​IMG]

Cheers
    Adam

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

How much do they sell for on your local high street?

Have you sold these items before?

3. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They sell for between £12.99 and £14.99 on the high street stores I've looked in.
    Nope I have not sold these before, but quite excited for doing so.

4. nirose

nirose
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You could sell them for £13.99 then see how it goes. You can check other similar products like yours on ebay to compare your prices. then choose competitive price.

5. BenjaminCip

BenjaminCip
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Adam, It would be wise to spy how much ebay seller has charging for the same products to sell them at a competitive price, otherwise you won't sell anything and loose money on ebay fees... you should make sure your R.O.I is profitable for you before deciding to sell these products at competitive price...

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I would say that people expect to save up to about 40% when they shop on eBay. When they are looking at your prices they will include the delivery costs in their calculations. Hence, if something is sold in a shop for £12.99 they will probably expect to pay around £7.80 for it, including shipping, if they purchase from eBay. Can you still make a profit if you sell at that price level?

7. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah I will more then likely check competitors, although I have looked around highstreet stores even apple and have found them to be quite expensive.

Yeah I will have a look at what others are selling them for on ebay, if any are selling them mind and I will more then likely be able to beat them being as I probably paid no where near what they paid :p

Yeah I would be able to go to that price level, including free 1st class postage and packaging, aswell as packaged in a bubble wrapped envelope..id sill make a decent profit being as I bought them for :eek: £1 each :p :eek:

8. tatealy

tatealy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmm....It depends on the brands :D

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Remember to keep an eye on your costs and keep them as low as possible. Maintaining control of your overheads and other costs is an extremely important business practice and you might as well start as you mean to go on.

10. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well Adam ..as you have just told that you brought them for 1 pound each, still I would say that your aim should be to sell maximum no. of units at maximum price possible..Instead of going for a single price for any no. of units...Use bundling price technique i.e. offer quantity discounts...For eg- if you order one unit 12bucks...two units 11bucks ,,,,,like that keep on increasing the discount till you reach your comfort level of 7bucks with simultaneously increase in quantities of product too.this will also help you generate sales along with profits..:)

11. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah I will do ofcourse to maximise my profits :D. I have a set limit per month on how much I spend on stock, how much profit I can make potentially and also how much percent lower I can go when the items dont go as planned. I also have a good packaging supplier, which I buy many products from at a cheaper cost then most people can get.

Yeah I will more then likely do that with either the cost price of the item to the customer or the postage costs to them ie offer cheaper, if they buy more then one or that item etc.

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's a great suggestions Scifi. You could also think along the lines of offers such as "Buy three, get one Free". Boots Chemists do this very successfully with their "Buy two and get one free" offers. Very many people will spend more, for the chance to get the free item.

13. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well lucky for me, ive received them TODAY and they are fantastico :) :D :D :)

Cost them 7.20 pounds to send :O..when I only paid 4 pounds postage charge :D

They must be selling them cheap or something to try and get rid of some space..

14. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

best of wishes Adam for starting off this new venture of sales online.....Keep us update on your results and let us know if we could help you with any other issue that you might be facing in your day to day deals or business......:)

15. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

:DThankyou! :cool:

I tend to ask on here, as its business related sooo its more appropriate for me anyway.

I do hope they sell well now :D because once ive got enough items, im going to be creating ipod accesory bundles, which i havent done before so should be exciting :D

16. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You know Adam...this is why I appreciate your marketing Zeal or more appropriate to say inborn Talent as salesperson..This Ipod accessory bundles would be a very hit idea according to me too:D.Keep coming with great ideas like that and never let that marketer within you fuss off..:D

Cheers..!!!:)

17. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No problem, I never knew I would be helping out myself aswell as other on here. I guess the questions that I ask are appropriate to some people.

I have the idea from my friend with regards to ipod accesory bundles, he does not exactly sell them but he sells bundles as they sell really well, looking at what he has sold recently. Im just going to work out now what price I should sell for and this will be done once all my stock has come to me, which shouldnt be long now.

I will be selling these bundles from £5.95-£9.95, depending on ofcourse the quality and also value for money. Again, I will be able to more then likely beat competitors due to the fact of my supplier being rather cheap and for me to still make alot of profit.

18. alex2213

alex2213
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'd go for 70% the high street price. You could go lower and set up a reserve price on Ebay, but because the amounts are quite low it wouldn't really justify.

19. sajjad.axe

sajjad.axe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i have seen some similar products selling any where between 5- 9 $ , it would be better if u share the brand name .

20. sunway0924

sunway0924
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the price also depends on the quantity in stock. how many cases you own now?