How much is the Google Webmasters Data Reliable?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by apexis, Jul 25, 2012.

1. apexis

apexis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How much is the Google Webmasters Data Reliable?
    According to Google Webmasters, I rank for particular keywords at some Position but when I checked in Google and with Some SEO Tools, I did not find the site anywhere.

2. Dawey

Dawey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It could be about what google version you are using. .com and .uk won't show exactly the same results. Also, the webmasters tools doesn't show what's happening today, and you know, some things happens fast. But no, I don't think it's perfectly reliable. Quite so, but not perfectly.

3. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think with anything, you have to take a big picture view. Take traffic stats, for example. If you're too obsessed and you watch the stats day by day, you could overreact to things that are just normal, everyday fluctuation. Alexa rankings can be influenced and don't read across the boards as a 100% accurate picture. So this may be like that. Keep it in perspective and look for trends rather than absolutes when judging performance.

4. tianshaguli

tianshaguli
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sometimes will reflect slower, may be you a few days ago the rankings

5. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I have found them to be reasonably accurate though sometimes seemingly at odds with other analytic information. Remember, though, that two people are not likely to get exactly the same results from the same search. Google has several data centers, so searches may be different just because of that. More important, however, is that Google tries to provides predictive search results based on the individual searcher. Even if you are logged off of Google when you search, many others were probably logged in. Google knows their location, their prior searches and other information that it may use to fine tune the results. No one knows exactly how it works, but for example two people may get different search results for the word "bass" if one had previously been searching fishing-related terms and the other had been searching musical terms.

Of course, over thousands of searches, those differences probably even out, but if you are looking at results for a fairly low volume term, a few focused searches could dramatically impact the results.

6. SeanFace101

SeanFace101
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guess they are quite reliable, but i have added the code to one of my forums & added it to webmasters, but on most of the pages on my webmasters account for this website are blank, saying thing link "No data found", etc.. I thought at the start, it was just that google webmasters need time to get the data, but it was about a month ago i done it & still No Data Found for most pages.

7. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is reliable - but not exact. That is why there are a lot of tools that you can use online to determine the differences of data being provided by these tools.

8. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think Google gives traffic then also able to explore. GA gives the perfect data of traffic at all according to me.

9. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In short Google personalize those result according user cookies and search history. That is why webmaster tool is showing average position, not actual position.