how much is SEO cost?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by fashionhandbagsl, Nov 1, 2010.

1. fashionhandbagsl

fashionhandbagsl
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How much is needed for SEO and it will bring order to handbag manufacturer which not selling in retail but for bulk order?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

fashionhandbagsl it is difficult to give you an answer because your question is so open ended. There is a huge array of SEO services and SEO providers available at all different costs. Some providers sell basic SEO services to small websites for $10+, others focus on high end services to major corporations and charge from tens to even hundreds of thousands of Dollars.

The best way to get an answer for your own requirements would be to set your SEO objectives and then start getting quotes from SEO providers.

3. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO is cost is monthly basis. Good SEO company charge from $800/month depend on the requirement. And you can only see the result after few month

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

But remember, doing SEO will not always give you more sales...

5. frankingmachine

frankingmachine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do suggest that you hire your personal Virtual Assistant who has advanced knowledge on SEO. This can save you more money. A proficient VA will ask for about $2.75 - $4 per hour for a bulk SEO services.

6. jshtobing

jshtobing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I suggest you start searching on how to do SEO. As far as I concern the most important investment in SEO is not the amount of money you put in it, but it is the time you spend in it. Most importantly remember that it is not a one night job. You might not see the result the first few months, so it is quite a frustrating job if you are not patient enough. :D

cheers!

7. waterfry

waterfry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most of the company charges 800-1k$ :)

8. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This is probably where you're going to start for professional SEO services that will get you results in a reasonable period of time. You will want to check out their services thoroughly to make sure you are getting legitimate services, and they are not using what are called "black hat" techniques.
    With all due respect to our fearless leader, I would stay as far away as possible from those who offer "basic SEO services" (his words) for $10+. You're not going to get the results you need, if any at all. I would also stay away from the bulk SEO services recommended by frankingmachine. Doing anything in bulk in SEO is usually a very bad idea.

9. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not sure there's any need for the caveat there, the point made by Fergal that there are a huge variety of SEO services (ranging from building a handful of spammy backlinks to full control of the onpage factors and the marketing strategy) with an accompanying variety of prices is a very valid one and I don't believe he was specifically recemmonding the original poster to go with either end of the spectrum.

Equally, while a very low cost can be an indication of less time/knowledge being involved, a high cost is no way an indication of quality (plenty of poor agencies out there that offer services at relatively high costs and then outsource to low cost [and in many cases low quality] providers). The quality of the service needs to be judged on the quality of the provider, not on the cost.

As for the original question, it's impossible to answer a query that vague. The state of the existing site, the SEO work carried out to date, the specifics of the target market (international vs. local, etc.), the work which will be/can be with direction carried out in-house vs. that which is being outsourced, etc. etc. all have a direct impact on the cost associated with it.

To suggest that a 'one price fits all' price can be given when we don't know if the site is a 5 page brochure site or a dynamic site with 1000's of listings, when we don't have any idea of what (if any) optimisation that has already been done, what stage of development the site is in (is it brand new or is it an established brand seeking to improve), when we don't have any idea of the specific market being targeted (is it global, is it local, if local... in what location, etc.) is simply inaccurate.

The only real advice I can give is to come up with a very clear list of your aims/goals, figure out what you need to be done externally (the more you can do in-house the lower the cost will be, but the more in-house resources that will need to be allocated... and potential for the quality to drop if the in-house staff aren't up to the task) and then approach a number of suitable SEO providers to find the best provider for you (seek recommendations from others or research the potential providers to ensure it's a reputable provider/firm).

Do be aware, it's not simply a matter of finding the lowest cost as this is seldom the best value for money (and it's certainly not a case of going with the highest cost unless they're a strong justification to do so). It's vital that you find someone that you can work with (can they clearly explain any complex elements in a manner you understand, do they understand your market, do they take the time to understand what you need and understand what they need to do to provide that for you, etc.) and that will bring you added value through their activities.

10. fashionhandbagsl

fashionhandbagsl
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, but the important point is we need more sales by doing SEO.

11. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

GekiDan's point is a valid one, and points out one expectation that some people have that is not accurate. The purpose of SEO is to bring more visitors to your site, and if done properly, will bring you visitors who intend to buy your type of product. Whether they buy from you depends on their impression of your website, and/or their experience browsing your website, once they get there.

12. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe if you told us what you have tried up until now then we could advise you more, fashionhandbagsl. Have you done anything at all to attract new traffic like link building, article marketing, blog commenting etc?

13. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Kay is right. And how about sharing your site's link so we can give our own impressions about it?

14. brdy4mng

brdy4mng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are lots of SEO techniques available that you can try and do it on your own if you know any (i.e. Press release of your products, Link Building, Advertisements), Which you can gain more traffic for your website. I can say that acquiring for SEO service companies may cost you that much but you should also look for quality and effective ones.

I hope that helps.

15. Dayanan

Dayanan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No matter what you should learn SEO basics to enable to speak knowledgeably with your SEO provider.

The most important thing is to do your own keyword research. You have to give your SEO provider the keywords
    which you think your potential customers will use in the search engines. wholesale handbags, handbags in bulk etc...
    Then your SEO consultant can research the competitiveness of those keywords and make recommendations.

16. experttalk

experttalk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@ fashion handbag

As per your requirement your keyword is handbag manufacturer in gogole traffic is 332,000 so your website can come on top but as SEO point of view first u need proper Seo website analysis and keyword research after that your Seo process will work for more sales do ppc because it will get u better result because no more PPC completion in search engines with these keywords.
    you can Get in touch with Affordable On page SEO and Affordable Off page SEO services by deecoup
    http://www.deecoup.com

@ All the best for your business

17. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I don't know what you mean by "Google traffic is 332,000". I put the phrase "handbag manufacturer" in both Google's Keyword Tool and Traffic Estimator, and it wasn't even close. Global Monthly Searches were 3600 for "handbag manufacturer", and 2600 for "handbag manufacturers". I did notice that when I searched the phrase "handbag manufacturer, there were 411,000 results, but that has nothing to do with the amount of traffic a site will get. I will admit, if a site is #332,000 out of 411,000 results it won't get much traffic, but that's true for the vast majority of the sites anyway.

I do not mean to imply that deecoup.com is one, but because of the preponderance of charlatans and scam artists in the search engine marketing field, I would recommend that anyone looking for a marketing firm check them out thoroughly, including ours. What kind of methods do they use to get your site ranked? Are they open and honest about their methods? When you call them, does the person you speak to know about SEO, or are they just operators taking orders(This is where Dayanan's suggestion comes in handy)? Do they claim they can guarantee results(no reputable company will)? Where is their site ranked?

Rather than simply asking "How much is SEO cost", you also need to know what you are getting for your money. SEO is a long term commitment - You want to make sure you get it right.

18. David Messi

David Messi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am beginning to think whether my time is worth the money, the successful guys tell me that I've got to pay a little, but the return on investment is well worth it, after all, if we can get traffic now, we get sales today, rather than wait a few months, and time is the most important resource and should not be undervalued. Yes SEO can be monetarily free, but in terms of time, it is highly expensive.

19. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

The only way SEO is going to be monetarily free is if you do it yourself. Whether you do it yourself or hire someone to do it for you, there is no way to get away from the time commitment. No matter what some companies or individuals may claim, no sustainable SEO is going to get you results overnight - you're going to have to wait a few months for results that will bring traffic to your site.
    Om the other hand, PPC, also called sponsored advertising, will get results a lot quicker than SEO. There are two drawbacks, however - you have to pay a fee every time someone clicks on your ad, whether or not they buy, and you will only get a fraction of the visitors that the organic listings will get. Even here, you have to make sure that the phrases you buy sponsored ads for are actually going to bring you buyers, and you have to make sure your ad is being shown when those buyers are looking for your product or service. If you decide to do this yourself, there are a variety of tools available to help.
    Either way, you have to be involved in the process from day one, and it is a continuous process. Invest the time, stay involved in the process, and the return on investment is, as you say, well worth it.

20. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

joeroxx is right. SEO will not give you results just overnight.
    As far as my experience goes, it takes over 6 months for it to take effect for a new site.This is one of the very reason why I lack search engine visitors during my first 6 months or so. But once it took effect, and you'll get more search engine visits, all you need to do is maintain it.