How much dou you charge for Mass Mailing?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by spartan, May 15, 2011.

1. spartan

spartan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi guys i have a website called Durban Web Design dot com(not sure if I'm allowed to add its link on my posts just yet) i have not touch this site for many months but is does me well none the less, last week it earned me R27 000 in 7 days through en quires. anyway so iv used this site as a Guinea pig, a client recently said Brad "why do i get 20 000 hits but only a couple of dozen sales", this annoyed me as i had to explain what prospects are and that it is up to her to make the conversion bla bla bla. ended up giving her a automated excel spread sheet were she could work it all out sigh . . . so set out to devise a strategy to collect email address through my site its been little under 60 days and i have a database of 80 000 give or take not for me to send out 80 000 emails will cost me R2000 per client i have about 200 clients lined up for this, what would you suggest i charge them as i am not aware of the current asking price??? all ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

2. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually there are no "standard price". if you think their pay is reasonable or acceptable, you can accept the job. If the budget is too far as your expectation, just say "NO". In some way in between, talk to the customer to make a best deal

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

spartan I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you are asking. Are you saying that you have a database of 80,000 emails and you'd like to know how much you charge a client for sending an email on their behalf to that list?

The first thing to consider is whether you have the legal right to send promotional emails to that list. You should only do this if the people on the list have given you permission to send them promotional emails. You should also include an un-subscribe link on any email you send out, that would allow recipients to opt out if they decide that they don't want any further emails from you.