How much does performance matter for your business?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Nuovawebs, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Nuovawebs

Nuovawebs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Various companies and websites have different needs when it comes to hosting their site. Not all pages need super fast loading speeds, or a powerful dedicated server behind them. What methods do you use to decide what type of hosting you need for your business? Is it self explanatory for you?

I'm asking because I work for a hosting company, and we're always thinking of new ways to help our clients. One thought in my head regards potential clients and picking the best package for them. Yet, it might be better to work on creating content that teaches people the basics of what hosting plans are needed (for various systems/sites) so that clients have some knowledge before asking us in Live Chat. Right now, recommending a hosting plan is primarily done when they've contacted us already.

Is having some sort of guide (that matches various hosting servers to certain systems / ranges of site sizes) something that might help you or people you know?

Regardless, I'd love to hear about how you personally decide on hosting, and how much power/performance you need.