How much does it cost to have a website built?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by steve zheng, Jun 4, 2013.

1. steve zheng

steve zheng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Our company need to suggest a new site,my boss let me do a budget.I asked some Internet companies,But their price is different,Do you establish a web site?Need how many money?Tell me quickly,thank you.

2. abhi_garg

abhi_garg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It may cost you between $200 to $2m depend on size of the project and what you want actually.. I would like to suggest you, just make a search website design company and send your requirement at least 20 companies check their response compare pricing and choose one which have good reviews as well

3. Smartblogger

Smartblogger
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Normaly a website created in between $100. But on promotion as much you want you can spend.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Steve, if you want to get a price for a website, the first thing you need is to clarify exactly what you want the website to do and the functions you want it to have. Is this something you have done?

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

On the low end, in my opinion, both abhi_garg and Smartblogger are way too low, and on the high end, abhi_garg is way too high (unless he meant $2k and not $2m). Rather than do a search for website designers and get an estimate from 20 of them, Fergal has the right idea. In fact, if they don't discuss with you what you want the website to do, and several other characteristics of the website before giving you a price, I wouldn't use them. The price you get will then depend on, as Fergal said, "what you want the website to do and the functions you want to have". Depending on your budget, you can then decide, if necessary, what you cannot afford, and what you can live with.
    You can also get a few estimates, and then compare the prices, and what you get for each price, and choose the one you want to use.

• Like Like x 1
  6. steve zheng

steve zheng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Really thank you very much,Do a budget, and then let my boss confirm

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

Thank you for your advice,I have done these,now I think I need to ask some Internet company,compare their price.

7. RH-Calvin

RH-Calvin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends upon your website requirements that what type of website you would like to develop i.e:-

# Simple
    # Static
    # Web2.0
    # Flash

The price tag changes according to your requirements.

Regards,
    Calvin
    RepriseHosting.com

8. Indianweb

Indianweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

it`s free for making a website... many of the templates available online. customize them and upload

9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Do you have any suggestions for where these free templates can be found? Have you used any of them , and what was your experience with them?

10. singhlily

singhlily
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all you tell me about your site what you want in site or any reference site you have.
    Some question :

1. Have you domain for your company's new site ?
    2. Is this company have products to sell or purchase ?
    3. Is this company offering services ?

Tell me about these and I'll give you best answer. and also a solution if you will show interest to work with me.

Lily Singh
    Web developer and SEO Expert

11. natyk

natyk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Always you can save money if you will build. With Artisteer (bktemplates.com) everyone can design a page:)

12. Ivana B.

Ivana B.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It can be from 0 dollars to million. Yes. MILLION. I know of a guy who created high end, complex website, and of course with that kind of work, he had to charge a lot.
    anyways, as others have said, what is it exactly that you need?

13. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

If the website is complex enough, with as many bells and whistles that you can find, he can spend a lot of money on a website. But the question is, as you pointed out, "what is it exactly what you need?" Will a less expensive website give him what he needs? Is a less complex website more helpful to his potential clients? The answer to both questions is probably "Yes". The possibility of him spending even close to a million dollars is, as the saying goes, "slim to none, and slim just left town". Therefore, an estimate that is only a tenth of that is probably more than enough.