How much do you spend on SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by RevaxMedia, Jan 24, 2012.

1. RevaxMedia

RevaxMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very curious if you use an external SEO agency and how much they are charging you? I don't think most webmasters understand the importance of SEO, PPC or SEM in general.

2. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on how big the project and how competitive the keyword. High competitive keyword need more work to get the same result, the cost will be higher. Many SEO company is charging monthly basis, the cost is about $300/month

3. kimparker0207

kimparker0207
    uix_expand uix_collapse

wow $300/month that something...me they only charge me $230:(

4. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The charge actually depends upon the type of keyword and the current rankings of the site. This helps in deciding the amount to be charged for SEO Campaign.

5. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I tried hiring someone whos raelly ood at it and he just charged me for $160/month. He's very personalized and approachable about it. I'm not sure if he still offer services still as the last time we chat he mentioned he now has few people doing it for it. But still does it for a fair price.

6. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's only for reference, some charge lower and some charge higher mainly depends on the niche or/and keyword. The highest charging from my friend to his customer up to thousand plus per month due to high competitive keyword/niche

7. RevaxMedia

RevaxMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

that's pretty interesting, are you a freelancer? we don't normally manage anything for less than £400.

8. asad

asad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Although charging depends on keywords competition but another is expertise. There are lot of who offer less with low expertise. or the person or company have expertise but just starting their seo services on their own behalf so rates or low. Finding the right seo provider is another big task...

9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Sigma is right about prices being higher or lower depending on the niche or keyword. Many people or firms will only do custom quotes based on a review of the prospects website. You also have to make sure you know what you are getting for the price you are paying. To me $160/month seems way to low, and $300 is possibly a very basic SEO program, for keywords with little or no competition. For a professionally run, comprehensive marketing program, $1000/month seems more realistic, although an individual, who has less resources and more basic tools available, may charge less than a marketing firm that has more comprehensive tools, and can provide better results quicker.

10. AliceNolan

AliceNolan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you have a small project with less keywords with low competition then it will be around 200 bucks for a month.

11. Missnancyalex

Missnancyalex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agreed individual charge less but If some individual have less resource and basic tools than how can he should display results! I simply say and marketing firms charge for there work they can display results but it seem impossible for a single person working on a huge project!
    Individual persons only take small projects. If you want to be promoted as a brand you should hire a firm and need huge budget for about 5k to 25k per month! :cool:

12. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

It is possible for a reputable, knowledgeable individual to get results, but they will take longer, because an individual can only do so much. You are right about it seeming impossible for an individual to take on a huge project. If a keyword is too competitive, and would take too much work for an individual to handle, the prospect would be better off going with an SEO firm.

For a small to medium size company or firm $5k would be plenty. For a local company or firm, $1k - $2k would be enough to get them started. For a large national corporation, promoting a brand name, they would probably spend about $10k - $25k to start. In each case, the amount of spend would depend on the industry and the competitiveness of the keywords, and may go higher than the amounts mentioned. However, a small to medium size company spending $25k would most likely be the exception, not the rule.

• Like Like x 1
  13. IvanRich

IvanRich
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Depends on what your budget is!!

14. williamjean

williamjean
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi there..

I fully agree with you ..recently I contacted to SEO Consultancy..they are charging $240 per month..

15. mysandyda

mysandyda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

we spend from 300 to 500$ a month on SEO.

16. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was a freelancer but i charge project basis or base on the result. However, the SEO job seems getting harder now, need to spnd more time on it to get good result. I have lack of time to do this kind of boring job, now i spend my time online to enjoy the youtube, hang out the forum etc

17. rjd1265

rjd1265
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I get by on $140 a month.

I do all forum posting myself.
    I spend $77 for a backlinking service and $59 for BMR.

18. Alan2011

Alan2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

it must depend on the project and the SEO company , we pay a small company so we pay less than the famous company .

19. Mark.Sanchez

Mark.Sanchez
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I pay four hundred to five hundred dollars on monthly but with weekly work reports.

20. rjd1265

rjd1265
    uix_expand uix_collapse

who do you use. obviously at that cost you still make profit so anything you spend is worth it. I just have a hard time finding someone to trust....