How many times should I submit replies and threads in forums

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by mtveter, Feb 4, 2011.

1. mtveter

mtveter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am still a little new talking in forums. I like to interact in a variety of foums. I have been submitting threads and replying to a ton of people, but am not sure if I am investing too much time in these forums.
    So my question is how much time should I invest my time in forums?

Thanks

Mike

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Mike, welcome to Business Advice Forum. I think you should invest lots of time in this forum, but perhaps I'm a little biased :)

Everyone is different and you can really only answer that question for yourself. What do you want to achieve with your time on these forums? When you know what you want to achieve, it will be easier to decide how much time it is worth investing in achieving that.

3. ava_camen

ava_camen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

one hour a day or 6-10 forum replies is enough for each forum is good :)

4. hetalhet

hetalhet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that depends on your purpose of being there on Forums. For example if you are expecting some business by selling your service on some forums buy and sell section, I think you need to spend more time. rather if you visit forums to gain some knowledge, its ok to spend small amount of time on forums.

So, as Fergal said, you should decide on your own what time and how much time you should invest on forum..

5. danielpaul571

danielpaul571
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you MR.ava_camen it was really a useful thread..

6. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to BAF Mike! Nice to meet you. Thanks for posting your questions here.

In response to your question, it greatly depends on what is your purpose on that forum.
    I myselt is a member of a large forum wherein I spent over 4-6 hours reading and replying to threads. My purpose is to get news and information that I can post on my blog. And here in BAF, as a Mod, I spent at least 2-3 hours a day checking posts and deleting SPAMs.

May we know your purpose of joining that forum?
    Interaction with fellow members? Link building? Getting traffic? Past time?

7. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I recommend to spend at least 2 - 3 hours on forum. In the start I only used forums to do link building and it seems very boring and ugly but one day by chance I was very confuse and thought to shared my problem on the forum. Different opinions from different users results into the perfect solution. Than I start participating in the forums very actively and positively as a result I am making links. I drive traffic from the forum to my site but the best part sharing my thoughts and problems has really makes me mature, full of knowledge and open my mind.

8. jonathan10387

jonathan10387
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah it completely depends on your purpose. Anyways if you are doing it as a part of link building then you should post 3-4 posts in a single forum maximum. But be specific and don't do spam. And if you are participating in a forum for interacting with people then you may go through it as much as you want. There is no such limit unless you are not spamming it.

9. mtveter

mtveter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks a ton this is really helping. I am doing well promoting else where for my business, but I am in college trying to run my online business without having to call leads like crazy between classes. When I heard about the concept of forums, I realized that I could spend about ten minutes before class submitting a thread or two and move on to another time. I have been putting about 1-2 hours a day on forums. I was using 8 different forums, but now I have narrowed them down to 4 which is much less stressful.
    My purpose on this forum is to gain more knowledge through network marketers and to get backlinks to my site. I am only knowledgeable with working with phone leads, but I think that it is too stressful expensive. I am married now and am trying to find ways to get my website known without as much investment.

Thanks a ton all.

10. experttalk

experttalk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

agreed with fergal