How many of you quit your day job???

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Hosting_Solutions, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Hosting_Solutions

Hosting_Solutions
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As the online world booms here in the new generation, many peoples have been lured in this field and have quit their job.

Do you guys plan or have quit your day job for your personal online business??

2. dpSubi1

dpSubi1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't have any plan to quit my day job, we cannot depend on online business. We are not sure how long our clients will stay with us. :(

3. kereta06

kereta06
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will quit my job if my businees online running very smooth and my income of online business is more than my job now. BUt i must learn more about online business before i quit from my job.

4. Loskas

Loskas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well my online business is not yet making enough money to do this, but I believe and hope that some day I got so large internet business going on that I don't need to do any other work.

5. madx1980

madx1980
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i may quit my daily job.but my online business is not earning more than my day job.can you tell me how can i earn more in my online business?and where?

hirok.

6. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What is a job? :)

7. mark-20

mark-20
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i am investing in a few online bissness, if i were to make my own a dont think i would get nerly enough to keep me alive, and am no into david blane drinking only water for 40 days! lol, a wish a could quit and work online but for now the most it will ever be is a parttime job if even that. most people dont bother about the money they make online for them it just funds them with a small hobby which is brilliant. the way a see it if a make some money its beter than none so am going to resign lol dont worry am jokeing but a wish a wasn't

8. CEO Smith

CEO Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not too offensive but, is that a joke or what?

A job is a piece of work, esp. a specific task done as part of the routine of one's occupation or for an agreed price

9. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sorry, the smiley was the punch line. I sold a business and I am comfortable for now, thus my use of the internet to generate additional income streams. I do not want to become uncomfortable.

You know, I've been called a piece of work, does that make me a job? ;)

10. cenfos

cenfos
    uix_expand uix_collapse

not many i think...just for pleasure.for noobs like me.i don't quit my daily job very easily..
    i am not a problogger.if i am..earning bucks i will definitely consider quitting my job

11. paul

paul
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I left my job long ago and started as full time freelancer and now no regrets bcoz now i'm my own boss and can schedule my time. But i won't recommend unless you are dedicated, self motivating. Analyse yourself, check your resources and see if it suits you. Then go ahead, its like any other business that demands time and resources.

12. Cynthiab

Cynthiab
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well I still have plenty of "jobs" but not the kind you go to 9-5 and sit behind a desk. I work from home as a writer, web producer, even if it's freelance I have clients. So I guess instead of quitting my "Day Job", I just turned it into a "day job" I really love. (And that also becomes my "night job" as well.)

13. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Cynthia, is it a job or an activity that you like doing that make money as a bonus?

14. gnine11

gnine11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have already quit my job to start my venture in online world. Right now I have a team of 3 people. All are engineers in my team but very passionate and dedicative. To start a business most important thing which you need is team i.e people whom you can trust and who trusts you and your idea.

My motive is to provide all the online solution to those companies which are naive and don't have online presence. Though, i haven't find my first client yet, mine determination and perseverence is still high.

Best of luck everybody.

15. Cynthiab

Cynthiab
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not sure what you mean by this but the way I see it. If I work for a client who pays me it's a job. The fact that I love doing it doesn't make it any less of a job.

An activity sounds like you mean hobby in this sense.

16. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I suppose I do. I at the point that I do not do it if I consider it a job, that is just no fun.

17. BlueEew

BlueEew
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have not quit my day job. Do you want to know why? I have never had to get one, I have been doing webmastering since I was fifteen/sixteen. I am still sixteen and I don't feel the need for a job yet.

I have the Internet.

18. crystalbrite

crystalbrite
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Before I can really consider quitting my day job, I have to look into securing a steady inflow of cash money every month. It's not easy but it's possible. Rather than having to travel to office daily and confronting boss, I would rather look into working at home. If only that's possible.

19. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It is possible, you just have to formulate your plan on which of the dozens of options are right for you, pick one or two you really like and work at them, as they start doing well you can add more, if they do not pan out you should check what you are doing, maybe something is not right, and try it again, or, move on with your list. Keep working at it and do not despair at any set backs, use them as learning lessons and move on, always forward.

Good luck to you crystal.

20. superbike

superbike
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me, it is too risky to quit job just for doing online business. However, if you already got well-established income online, why not?
    I have a friend who did quit job and currently do e-commerce site and now become a silent millionaire