How many of you give importance to mobile site for your business???

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by abhijeetmobi, Mar 31, 2011.

1. abhijeetmobi

abhijeetmobi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is it important to have your business mobile site....do u guy's really think that?

some of my questions:
    How do u promote mobile site?
    How many visitors you guys get over your mobile site?
    Which platform you use to create mobile websites?
    Are those platform really worth using?

Thanks
    Abhi

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our Business Forum abhijeetmobi. Great question, there are far more people using mobile phones than who are using laptops or desktop computers. As smart phones are becoming more advanced and accessible, more and more people are using their mobiles to access the Internet and hence it is becoming increasingly important to ensure that your website is easily accessible by mobile phone browsers.

One of my forums runs on PHPBB and we have installed a plug in on it that facilitates easy browsing via iPhone and we are seeing an increasing number of our members participating on the forum via their iPhones. To be honest it's about time I sorted out a mobile phone solution for this forum.

3. mysandyda

mysandyda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As for the promotion of such a site, you need the usual things like social bookmarking and socialmedia, link building, directory submissions.

4. dripworld

dripworld
    uix_expand uix_collapse

for the visitors it will depend on the promotion.If you need more visitors try to make more friends in social networking I am not much addicted to mobile browsers.As presently mobile browsers are increasing because of internet price is going down here.Twitter is the best method to get traffic from mobile browsers