How many of you believe in work at home classified ads?

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by RestOwner, Jun 8, 2010.

1. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm talking about the ones you see on your local newspaper or local classified book or penny saver. I know the majority of them are not legit, so how do they manage to make their money by wasting money on ads like that? What's their strategy or better yet, what's their scheme?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I also see lots of these ads in my local newspapers and my opinion is that most of them will not make you any decent money, so I avoid them. There may be some good ones out there, but I've yet to come across them.

3. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wonder how is it they make money, there are a lot of people now who know about scams.

4. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

they are CPAlead.

once someone send their resume, an auto responder will reply that the job was not available anymore. however, you can sign up here so your name will be listed and we will call you if another job is available. or something like that...

once one will sign up, then that's a lead. one lead earn them about $2 to $4.
    now this is blackhat.

5. ryf109

ryf109
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ownedbox I never knew they did that. Thanks for the info

6. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also didn't know that, thanks.

7. Remotestaff

Remotestaff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Speaking as someone who actually operates an enterprise fueled by virtual and telecommuting staff, I don't use that approach, i.e. the classified ads method of generating leads.

What we do actually is source out qualified professionals who want to work from home, then match that person's qualifications and skills set with the unique needs of a client (an employer.)

We only make earnings through our one-time recruitment fees. No scams, no shady deals, no black hat ops whatsoever.

8. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

is this like a online job marketplace?

9. ntsiki

ntsiki
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have responded to quite a few of those ads ( I am based in South Africa) and it turns out that there is always a joing fee or admin fee as they normally call it, I mean really if you are looking for a job how can you afford R250 admin fees??

10. suzib

suzib
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the way they make their money is by the joining fee. Most of the claims are bogus and a waste of time. The trouble is when people are desperate for extra cash and it is only a few $ to join up people will try it. If the cost of the ad was a few $ and even a few sign up they have probably covered their costs and earned a few $ for themselves in the meantime.

11. Remotestaff

Remotestaff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes, it actually is.

12. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I took the time to explore your website and it seems the people you only employ are from the philippines, am I correct or wrong?

13. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Better do a research first before entering such jobs.
    I too fell a victim on one of those "work at home" jobs. Which is in reality, clicking those annoying ads... :(

14. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

oh yes, believe me I will do research before. it's very important to search for such "companies" online.

15. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can always check out the company name with the Better Business Bureau too and see if there are any complaints against them to safeguard yourself before applying. Usually just Googling them and seeing what's being said about them on a reputable work-at-home community forum such as WAHM or just asking their members what they think is enough.

ownedbox, thanks for the CPAlead info. :)

Also, many of these work online companies offer to sell you a list of leads to other places where you can find jobs like doing paid surveys. That same information would be found for free on the internet anyway if you just took the time to look. But they offer a "membership" and share that free information with members at a price. They don't actually find you jobs, just give you more places to look and apply to.

16. neilfriston

neilfriston
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No, I do not trust this medium. Most of them claim to offer good money, but they end up being bogus. Rather work full time in a small shop....:)

17. Remotestaff

Remotestaff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Majority are from the Philippines, but we're not limited to just the Philippines. We have business developers based in the UK, in Australia and in the US as well.

18. georgelukie

georgelukie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Working for home has lots of benefits as it allows freedom to work any time you want, you can work in the middle of the night or early in the day. And also these work for home jobs are a very good source of earning extra income.

19. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Do you say that from personal experience of earning with them?

20. susanbekar

susanbekar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don’t use the approach of the classified ads method of generating leads being someone who operates an enterprise of virtual and telecommunicating staff.