How many links should be submit in a day

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by experttalk, Feb 17, 2011.

1. experttalk

experttalk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is this true ?

one of my client basically from US saying that you should submit websites not more 30 links in a day
    means --
    if some one doing dir submission then do only 30
    if doing Socila bookmarking do 30
    blog commenting only 30
    bla-bla
    which comes under Off page Seo

he is saying Google consider spamming if u submitting links more than 30 times in days

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

The number of links submitted, regardless of the time period, should vary from time period to time period. If you were to get, to use your example, 30 links every day, Google would consider that suspicious, and would penalize your site as a result. The number of links would also vary depending on the competitiveness of your keywords or keyword phrases.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Some people may disagree with this, but I personally believe that it is dependent on the quality of your site. Google will expect a really good quality and helpful site to get lots of links quite quickly. However, if a poor quality site that doesn't provide much of value to it's visitors suddenly starts to get lots of links, Google will look at this suspiciously and may consider it spammy and hence penalise the site. Google gives more authority to sites that get backlinks naturally and penalises those that get them in an unnatural way, such as by buying them. Natural backlinks arise when people link to your site, because they like it and want to share a valuable resource with others.

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Fergal. I suggests you to to make backlinks as normally as possible as it could be.

5. experttalk

experttalk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hii Fergal
    i am Doing Natural link building I dont believe in link Exchange and Buying Links my question is am i right for not doing linK exchange and my question in my thread is it valid to submit more than 30 links

6. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's your choice for not dong link exchange and I don't think there's anything bad on it.
    On link building, I think it is valid as long as it is done as normally as possible.

7. adwordsmogul

adwordsmogul
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not an SEO expert but let's look at a bit of reality, from my experience with my own sites.

If your site is new and hasn't yet been indexed, how did the other sites find you? Fair enough, you could say PPC etc.

However... no matter how good a site is, it's not normal for it to get get 30 links on the first day it's up. It simply takes time for other sites to find out about you.

I prefer to build links slowly in the beginning.

8. deanncarl

deanncarl
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It might also make a difference if your website is a content rich site (which Google loves), or just a page trying to sell something.

9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I'm beginning to see a trend in the replies, one that I agree with - the number of links you get has to look natural, or normal, as most of the replies have put it. Basically, you have to ask yourself, "If I do nothing, and let things happen, does this seem like something that could normally happen?" Is it normal for any website to get links every day, regardless of the quantity? Fergal also makes an excellent point - a poor quality site cannot be expected to get links from quality sites. If it does, Google might think this is suspicious. And finally, I agree with Dee. A content-rich site, which actually uses the keyword phrases you are looking to be ranked for, is going to get higher rankings than one that does not have much content.

10. Richard Edmonds

Richard Edmonds
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It also depends on where you are getting links from. What topic are the sites based around, whether they are static, CMS, e-commerce, scripted (directory) properties, and what their authority is with Google. Including what has been posted above, you should look to have a steady build of links where there isn't really a "safe" number as a few dodgy links could cause much negativity.