How many keywords can i add "Meta tag"?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by James12smith, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James12smith

James12smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Friends,

I already added 28 keywords for my blog meta tag, so what is the optimal number of keywords in meta tag. If i added thousand of keywords for meta tag then Google will ban me? or other problem arise?

Thanks

James

2. ReviewsThatStick

ReviewsThatStick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you have enough meta keywords to use in your meta tag. Adding thousands of keywords would be impossible since there is a limit, I think about 40 keywords. To be sure, only add keywords that is relevant to your niche.

3. jeremy

jeremy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Major search engine like Google, Bing did not give credit to keywords tag, abuse on keywords tag may penalty by search engine. Insert one to two relevant keywords tag is more than enough to target others search engine.

4. joy.linford

joy.linford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it should be 35 to 40 keywords. there should be limit.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Keep in mind, as ReviewsThatStick has said, that the keywords must be relevant to your niche, but they also must be relevant to the content of the page. The content of the page must also be readable and sound natural. Although you may not need to keep it as low as jeremy has suggested, a few keywords, rather than a few dozen, is probably more than enough.

6. ReviewsThatStick

ReviewsThatStick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it is indeed better to have a few keywords that is relevant to your niche and to the content rather than a thousand keywords (if even possible) that are mostly and probably not even related to your niche or the content. It's always quality over quantity in this case.

7. RoseAb

RoseAb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here is my understanding of meta keywords.

Max of 874 characters. You can only use a keyword 3 times and that max of 3 includes if the keyword is in a phrase. Keywords in singular form and in plural form are considered separate keyword. Separate list with commas and don't use spaces. Put most important keywords first.

You will find people that disagree. And also keep in mind, google claims they don't use keywords and they probably don't put much importance on them. I believe they suggest putting misspellings into this keywords list, though. Many people say it is a waste of time to use meta keywords but I use them anyway, in hopes they will be used by some search engines and google might change their mind in future.

8. spyindiaankur

spyindiaankur
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am agree with you "jeremy". Keywords meta tag is obsolete and search engines do not give any priority to it. So just put a few keywords and focus on your title tag and meta description and content.

9. spyshekhar

spyshekhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you can add up to 250 to 260 character in meta keyword and you can target many keywords in this length so there is limit of character .

10. Amol55

Amol55
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to me, 10-12 keywords are just alright to use in one page of your website. the more keywords you use, it will take more time to get optimized and this more time to get ranked. so use limited keywords.

11. Clarence.Burn

Clarence.Burn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Based on my experienced about meta keywords, that day I have 40 keywords and it's better. So if the page has yet space to add keywords it's alright I guessed.

12. dadiehost

dadiehost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have no limit to add Meta Tag.

13. spyindiapreet

spyindiapreet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can add up to 250 to 260 character in meta keyword so there is limit of character .

14. peter90

peter90
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that Google,Bing and other search engine don't care for keywords.Keyword is only use for searching whatever you put that helps to user to search your content.

15. rahulm

rahulm
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I do agree with Peter that according to latest update stuffing too many keywords wont make you any difference.

16. ejsbayfrontcafe

ejsbayfrontcafe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also agree with you peter. In the past few days meta keywords I used is only 5 natural words and I think that's enough to find my site in all users.

17. peter90

peter90
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes Exactly , 5 keywords is more than enough to search for any content on search engine.

18. ketusoftware

ketusoftware
    uix_expand uix_collapse

meta keywords should be 250 characters with space

19. singhabhishek251

singhabhishek251
    uix_expand uix_collapse

adding keywords in meta tag is a waste of time as no search engine is considering them for ranking factor, meta description tag is important to show your own customized description to customers in search engines. If you want to add meta keywords, then you can use 5-6 keywords, but remember that it will not help in anything.

20. janecristy

janecristy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.