How Many Hours Do You Put Into Your Business?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by amwarner, Aug 30, 2013.

1. amwarner

amwarner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey all,

Just responded to another post on here and this question came into my mind as I was answering it. How many hours do you put into your business? I know alot of people see these other IMs (Internet Marketers) say they only work 4 hours a week or 1 hour a day, etc. And unfortunately, that's not always the case. Especially when you're starting off.

Currently, I put in alot of hours into my business. More than a 40 hour workweek for sure because I'm writing content, creating podcasts, doing social media, marketing, etc. Just wanted to find out from the BAF community, how many hours you put into your business?

Thanks for sharing.

#1 amwarner, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  2. AmbitiousStudent

AmbitiousStudent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is there such a thing as a lazy entrepreneur? he's the one who outsources everything and makes sure its running smoothly. so i say just 2 or 3 hours in the evening... as im browsing youtube:eek:

3. amwarner

amwarner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Lol, I haven't gotten around to that point yet. Outsource some things but things like creating content and recording podcasts, I wanna do myself. Everything else I do could be outsourced, perhaps. And it's something that I'm actually looking into.

4. ALEXPARKER072013

ALEXPARKER072013
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Currently, I put in alot of hours into my business. More than a 8 hour per day

5. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

At least 5-6 hours / day, everyday :).

6. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Almost 14 hours daily on my new blog, on twitter, on fiverr, mylikes, etc... but lack of information is leading me no where :(

• Like Like x 1
  7. onegoodman25

onegoodman25
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do outsource pretty much anything I can outsource, yet, I would say I put every free hour of my time in my business ( I got a full time job, so, I usually put my weekends hours in my business)

8. amwarner

amwarner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's interesting to see the variations in the amount of time spent on ones business ... i thought i was putting in alot of hours, but i see that almost all of us are because we want to make sure our business is successful.

9. Kamj

Kamj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Man i put in so much work i can not even number the amount of work i put in. I work morning and night only day off is sunday(religious purposes) This is what i believe if those internet marketers can make 5,000 dollars in one hour I can make 100,000 in 24 hours... My advice to you is work your butt off for one whole year and watch you will hit a million dollars by the end of that year. Then rest the next year :)

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I put quite a lot of hours into my business but feel that those hours could be used more effectively. If I was a bit braver I'd limit myself to working only half an hour per day for a week, and focus on making that half hour as effective as possible. Then I'd add a half hour to my working day every week, still focusing on being as effective as possible. If at any time I felt I wasn't very effective I'd reduce my hours and start building up again.

We all have the same number of hours in our day, it's how we use those hours that determines how successful we are.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Paul0130

Paul0130
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Tons, and since becoming single again easily 18 hours a day it is my life and my dream so all my effort, time and money goes into it! I love it :)

12. dianafox789

dianafox789
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For developing your business you should think of hours you just keep on putting your efforts. Slowly but steadily your business will settle.

13. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What kind of information are you looking for? Perhaps, you could find a solution here.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rickytaylor

Rickytaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well it depends on type of business and at least 7-8 hours should be given to business.

15. Giles Parker

Giles Parker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

5 to 6 hours At least everyday.

16. nasifabg

nasifabg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Put as much as you can as you know very well that sky is the limit.So don't restrict yourself for particular hours a weak.Do as much as you can then only you can reach to your goal...Just an advise....

17. Cloudc.me

Cloudc.me
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is lot of hours to put if you want to make it perfect, but totally depends on investment and business.

18. Joe Dalio

Joe Dalio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know people who finally were able to quit their day jobs, yet work more now than they did before! I'm not there yet, but I see it as twofold. You want to work enough for your business to succeed, yet enjoy the freedom you so desperately craved in trying to get to this point :)

19. lotn7

lotn7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My maximum is 4 hours per day as most of the work is automated for example, recruiting, interviewing leads and taking them through the sales funnel

20. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi all,

It's Depends upon your business type. Well I give at least 10 to 12 hours daily behind my business. So i can go ahead.

Thanks.