How many backlinks do you do for your website?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by apexis, Nov 15, 2012.

1. apexis

apexis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How many backlinks do you do for your website?
    How many backlinks do you do for your website every day? And what‘s the suitable quantity of daily backlinks?
    Backlinks in which platform is better to the pagerank? Blog? forum? or something else?
    Thanks!

2. nashir

nashir
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its depend on competitors sites. Moreover I do everyday 25 to 30 back links.

3. merlynwall

merlynwall
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I hardly manage to drop 10 links every day. It's getting harder these days as spammy links just don't count anymore.

4. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Always make quality backlinks which are natural also on high PR sites. A site need only few links daily to maintain its ranking but the links must be natural also on authority sites.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

30 backlinks a day would be 900 per month. Unless you have a well-known website with a popular brand name, 900 per month seems excessive, and not natural. As printingray mentions below, links should look natural. Ask yourself, "If I did nothing and let nature take it's course, does this seem like something that could realistically happen to my website?"

Very good advice here, although before maintaining a website's ranking, you must obtain the ranking first. As nashir mentioned, 0ne thing to consider is your competitor's websites. There is no hard and fast rule about the exact number of links you would need, as it depends on how competitive your business is, and how competitive the keywords are. For some businesses, a visitor count of 30/month could be competitive, for others 300, for others 3000. Also, if a competitor has more links, but they are low quality, you could have less links, of better quality, and you could outrank them.
    As far as the type of website you get links from, blogs are good (including guest blogging), as are articles on social networking sites (such as LinkedIn or Biznik), and press releases (if you have a newsworthy reason for issuing one).

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use to build thousands upon thousands of backlinks for each one of my websites but I stopped after a while. PR isn't important to me anymore. I just promote my site regularly and if someone decides to give a link back to my site on theirs then great.

7. rajesh

rajesh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do about 10-15 backlinks daily. Quality backlinks are important.

8. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree wholeheartedly with this:

I tend to focus more on content than links, because content works best in the long term. I try to attract visitors through excellent content and do linking more as an afterthought. But I'm into long-term results and don't have to rank at #1 for every page right this minute.

So my answer is: it depends on many things. But most days I'm focusing on content.

9. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I agree with both joeroxx and DeniseTaylor - to the extent you are "self linking" at all, go for quality: guest blogging, articles on industry-related sites, etc... Better yet, redouble your efforts on content creation and let the links come naturally.

10. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I only build backlinks for my website whenever I see an opportunity. Other than that, I spend most of my time optimizing my in house blog networks that are used to rank all my clients' websites.

Regarding on your question, it will always depend on the quality of work you have done. You can even spend 8 hours a day building junk links and get no results. There is no ideal number as to how many backlinks you should build a day. I've seen lots of websites getting natural links backs for almost a hundred times a day and get ranked good in their keywords.

11. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's been months, or even a year, since I stopped doing backlinks for my blog. I just don't have enough time on posting on forums and blogs, as I concentrate more on my content. But if I got a chance on commenting on a certain blog, I do that. What build my backlinks are my readers who spread it over different sites and forums.

12. arindamdutta16

arindamdutta16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As per the my experience i found that for a new page you have to good quality of On-Page SEO. Then after a regular update make you to do more than link building. Try to put article section in your website where you can regularly update new article in regular period of time.