How long is a short-term loan?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by donaldjerry, May 27, 2010.

1. donaldjerry

donaldjerry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm managing a Conference and have already used up my 2 long-term loans (both season-long) for this season. Now I'm allowed 8 'short-term' loans. What period is defined as short term? I know that 6 months is deemed long term, so could I take someone on loan for 5 months, or is that still regarded as long term?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum donaldjerry. Why do you refer to using up some of your goals, surely you can set as many goals as you like?

Short term goals can be for whatever period suits you. For some people a short term goal is something they want to achieve this week, for others it may be a couple of months.

3. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think any thing more than an year is a long term goal.

4. Taylor24Smith

Taylor24Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm pretty sure that short-term is 3 months too, only 99.9% though!

5. hetal_387

hetal_387
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi..
    Generally I define my goals in 3 categories, long term goals, short term goals and urgent goals.

I always start with long term goal, because for me all short term goals and urgent goals are way to reach long term goal.So first I define my long term goal with timeline (must.. must.. must) than I decide all my short term goals (with list) and I place them according to timeline of my long term goal.

For Example: My long term goal is to buy my own home by 2014 (I have 4 years)

So,
    My short term goals are:
    (1) Small savings and cut offs in reach life style (movie, shopping.. etc)
    (1) Reaching at the salary of 20,000
    (2) Starting some passive income
    (3) Every month savings 20000 (Me + My husband)

Now allocate time to short term goals.
    (1) Small savings and cut offs in reach life style (movie, shopping.. etc) - from May 2010 to 2014 (unless I buy my home)
    (2) End of year 2010
    (3) from Jan 2011 to 2014
    (4) Feb 2011 to 2014

This is just a small 4 point goals I took for example. Whatever type of goals I define, I define it with numbers which really works for me.
    Good Luck.

6. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Where's everybody getting the notion about goals from? The OP hasn't said the word goals once. :dunno:

And please explain what you're talking about, donald. You say take someone on loan, so it's not money you're asking about when you're talking about loans?

7. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah that's what I was thinking.

Anyways, if it is money your dealing with, it depends on your bank/ the services they offer.

If it is not, then please elaborate.