How long do you spend planning your days work?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Fergal, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I normally spend a few short minutes at the end of every day, writing down a to do list for the next day. However, recently I have been thinking that I could be more effective at my work if I took more time and care planning each day's work. How long do you spend planning your day's work?

2. psrb4u

psrb4u
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, planning is a good habit and you will always find success in a planned work.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Your post doesn't answer my question psrb4u!

4. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Every Sunday, before sleep I take time to plan my whole week tasks and schedules.
    After that, every end of the day I do another check to see what I have been able to accomplish on that certain day, what wasn't, and what should I have to do the next day.

We all have our own ways to create our time management plan, but having one is a good sign of heading to success to our work.

• Like Like x 1
  5. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't normally plan what to do. I just check my emails and see which iof my sites is the busiest the entire day and see what I can do. And then down to the not so busy site. I just do these regularly. I sometimes miss things but I'll get back to it the next day if I can find time, which I sometimes don't because watching tv while doing my sit ups and push ups is more fun. :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sounds like you are very organised Mark and that you have a good system there.

ownedbox you must be very self-motivated, I feel that if I took your approach I wouldn't have the drive to work during the day and would get very little done. How is that approach working out for you?

7. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not sure if it will work some. I'm the type who don't have particular plans since most of the time I just spend my days writing articles for my own sites. Maybe if later I will provide services, I'll plan things but for now it feels like I'm abit relax since the time my competitor quit. :D

8. Angelina786

Angelina786
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I usually plan a priority list. Plan according to the work priority. The work that is most imporatnt I place it on first number and so on. Its not always helpful to list down even the tinnest to do thing however I do plan and write down only imporatnat tasks of the day.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Well done ownedbox, glad to hear that you have found an approach that works for you.

Angelina, that's a similar approach to my own, I write a prioritised list every evening, for the work that I will do the following day. How long do you spend writing your list? I used to only spend a minute or two, but I've just started to give my list more care and attention, in an effort to ensure that I am doing exactly what I should be doing at any one time.

• Like Like x 1
  10. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Does any of you have planned ahead. Was excited for it but have strayed or change mind for whatever the reason and end up cancelling?

#10 daytrader, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  11. Angelina786

Angelina786
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I make a week plan and try to stick to that.:D