How Long Before You Start Seeing Results?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Redd, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Redd

Redd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Measuring the efficacy of your online marketing can prove to be rather difficult because it can take a while before your marketing efforts are rewarded.

Of course the results you get would depend entirely on how great your marketing strategies are but supposing you are doing everything right — your promote your business on social media, blogs, forums . . . everywhere, how many months would it take before you start profiting from your hard work?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You mentioned "online marketing" in general rather than a specific type of marketing, so there is no way to give a definitive answer. Yes it depends on the amount of work you are willing to do, but "results" can be defined in several different ways depending on the type of marketing used. Even specifying the type of marketing my not help, as there are many variables that will affect the outcome.
    Since I work for an SEO firm, I can give you a general idea, although it does depend on several variables, including the type of business, competition, the skills and resources available, and the amount of work you are willing to do, and whether you actually do everything right. Best case scenario, you could be talking about 6-8 months to see substantial results, i.e., page one ranking, possibly 12 months. This is assuming you actually run the business itself, and allot a certain amount of time for marketing tasks. Allotting less time means it will take longer, more time means it takes shorter, but you cannot allot time to marketing and sacrifice other tasks.

• Like Like x 2
  3. fortunelister

fortunelister
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need to establish credibility before you start seeing results from your campaign it's ok to go fast in the beginning the more prospects see your campaign the more they think you are successful and had a good service or products also having a good testimonials from clients can help

4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Another thing to consider is market saturation, and whether your products stand out. DAlso, different people also have varying standards for defining positive results. Breaking even, at least initially, might be o.k. for one person, while another not be satisfied without making at least a small profit, and yet another might consider anything less than huge profits to be failure.

5. MooreHelen

MooreHelen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are working really hard on it and doing things by the book .. I would guess that it will take at least 6 months to get a limited amount of results .. it is learning curve if you do not have a previous experience .. but for example if you have enough money to spend on advertisement then you can get instant results .. I mean if you can afford to get a TV ad for example then that would be a game changer ...

In addition, promoting business on social media and blogs would take time ... creating a relevant medium size group on Facebook might take few months .. and some of the social media are really useless for some types of businesses ..

Finally and as mentioned above market saturation, product quality, credibility, competition and skills all will have significant effect .. Using other types of marketing in addition to the online marketing might spend up the progress

• Like Like x 1
  6. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Definitely a estimate time to see earning coming in depends on what you are working on, but I believe the first month after you have started your project is decisive to see what are you doing right and what are you doing wrong, because within this time frame, you begin to see some of the aspects in your projects moving on.

7. Winterybella

Winterybella
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've been watching a lot of videos recently and the ones that seem to make a lot of sense to me place a lot of emphasis on finding the right niche or product and taking all the variables Joeroxx and others have mentioned. I am still in my early learning stages, but I have learned that seeing real results once I embark on any serious venture is going to take a while and it won't happen overnight as much as I would like that.

• Like Like x 1