How is my Website

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by Kavita Martin, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Kavita Martin

Kavita Martin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I took a look at the website, and noticed and couple of things. First, when your site loads, it goes right into the templates. There is no Home page to tell the visitor about your services, to give them a reason to consider buying templates from you. Second, since there is no Home page, there is no general contact information, and the only "Contact Us" link is in very small print on the bottom of the page.

3. webmasterpath

webmasterpath
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Besides the things pointed by joe, the site looks very good, is it new?

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Kavita Martin the site looks professional and it inspires trust in what you are selling. I like the user-friendly categorisation of your templates and the range and quality of the templates you offer for sale is great.

Your prices appear to be quite high, have you looked at how they compare to your competitors?

5. Kavita Martin

Kavita Martin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My website Template Magician is offering Unique Website Templates. so we have kept our price high. But you can't say they are so much high. We are also seeing our competition too.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Kavita are all your templates sold only once and are exclusive rights given to the buyer? If that is the case you might want to highlight that fact on your site. Customers will be prepared to pay a lot more for exclusive rights to a unique template.

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Basically, joeroxx and Fergal already pointed most of the things that's needed to be changed.
    I just add that there's [strike]also no "About Us" page[/strike] that could describe your company. I saw it now. It's just doesn't seem to describe your company or site. And on the Contact Us part, there's no contact details can be found.

Other than that, it's quite professional looking. And you got some good templates there.

8. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Website took quite a time to upload...!! However does not matter most as you have included good flash ppt. as a header but it does not clears that it is about advertisement of other sites..Include your flash ppt. in header not of others... Do write a welcome not of a line or two @ opening page...Featured template is good addition...It would be better if you could post some best templates in each category on some parameters so as to line down the search time of visitors who are in hush and are serious about purchasing....

9. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

On first glance (with a scroll down), it looked professionally made. I think the banner is a set back as it doesn't suit the professional side of things. The curves of the script/font makes it appear relaxed and but the straight lines of the templates display area make it to the point and serious.

10. customdb

customdb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The site is professional however I personally dislike flash. I think a homepage / splash page would help out alot. When they get there, some buyers might not know what's going on.

11. andykeating

andykeating
    uix_expand uix_collapse

nice website.. very good categorization.. but would like to know one thing,i checked out the logos..the prices below each logo is crossed first as if you are offering some new price there but you have written the same pricing..why is this so???

12. hetalhet

hetalhet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Overall you are having nice professional looking website however still there are many places where you can improve:

1. At the time of first loading it takes bit longer time which is bad for any site. In this case you may loose some potential buyers.
    2. Sitemap.xml is not appropriate
    3. You don't have use the property "Image Alt" Yet
    4. Try to include some pages like "Recent projects" or "customer testimonial". Such ages works great in service industry
    5. Try to get some advantage via Social media. For example connect your site with Facebook and twitter. Create some facebook page for your site...

These are just suggestions of mine. Hope this may help you.. :)

13. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Exactly the point I was going to make, I would personally be willing to pay more if I knew no one else before me had it already.

14. Kavita Martin

Kavita Martin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Friends,

I would appreciate all those guys, who take time on reviewing my website and give me some useful suggestions.

Thanks a lot.

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for posting back Kavita Martin, please be sure to let us know if you have any further questions or would like additional feedback.

16. elids1979

elids1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

nice site

the design is excellent, but, as other people mentioned, it does take some time to load, i am currently in india, and the internet here is very slow
    off course, most of your customers have fast internet, but in any case i would consider getting the resolution of the pictures down a bit, so you will have faster loading times.
    one more thing, in the contact us section, all your depratments (technical, sales, billing) are on the same number.
    it gives the impression of a one man/woman show, what i would consider doing would be either giving the number and then the extension (if you have a call router) or remove the phone number from the departments, and leave email, and give the number just once.
    good luck

17. besurely

besurely
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the price all too high!

18. sweetdude

sweetdude
    uix_expand uix_collapse

my first thoughts is that its a very user friendly site, easy to navigate and fast loading time. Really well constructed mate.

19. Henry_Jakson

Henry_Jakson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like your website. I like the user-friendly categorization of your templates and the range and quality of the templates you offer for sale is great. I took a look at the website, and noticed many things on your website. There is no Home page to tell the visitor about your services, to give them a reason to consider buying templates from you. The curves of the script/font makes it appear relaxed and but the straight lines of the templates display area make it to the point and serious. I would personally be willing to pay more if I knew no one else before me had it already.

20. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First off, I would like to say that the design of the store was real nice. It came up very fast for me so everythig was good on the speed. You did a good job presenting examples of what your site is selling which I think is essential to having a successful site. In addition, as one of the members said, I think a testimonial section would be very beneficial to the site. It would bring in members that are still not sure weather your is the site that they want to buy from.