How is google Penguin update effect in SEO Link building?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by kaminiprajapati, Mar 12, 2013.

1. kaminiprajapati

kaminiprajapati
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello friends, i have a confusion regarding penguin update.

Mostly google Penguin update effect in Off page Activity(Link Building) but How is Effect in link Building?

As a SEO, I submit a my site in most relevant site, Check PR & catched details, Proper Content then why Penguin update comes then effect in Link building & effect our Keyword ranking?

Which thing i should remember As a SEO for Link Building that no effect penguin update.

2. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your rankings are not only dependent upon the backlinks you have. In addition to getting good backlinks you should also focus on posting quality content regularly on your site. And do proper on-page optimization. Furthermore, you should ensure your website is user-friendly and the bounce rate is not high. These all factors determine your rankings.

3. Sam Him

Sam Him
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So you Build Quality links For Website , Ok ...
    Then
    May you building links with same anchor Text i.e also not natural As updates Says Natural Work is going to valued ...
    May Your website is over-optimized to make visibility with specific key phrase ...So Sure with Website On-page factors ..

Overall its over optimized penalty that is penguin alternative name ...However There are Number Of times when SEO felt insecure and experienced ripples of apocalypses like First panic then jagger , vince , panda and last year its penguin , you can read about with link" ..
    So work towards more perfection by just not working with keywords linking , Instead work for overall optimization of website in keeping neutral and relevant factor's in mind .

4. Bobby

Bobby
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do what's normal is the best way, here are my views on the topic.

It's not normal for a site to get links from only low quality sites.

It's normal to have social media profile.

It's normal to have a blog and add content on a regular basis.

The successful people doing SEO are the ones where it appears normal and are able to push the boundaries without being penalized.

Google update is a change in it's "whats normal" formula, then a site that is no longer normal get removed form top listings.

The days of "tricking" the system are over, it still works but for how long? Google is close to getting it right and its about time, they have been trying for over 10 years.

Bobby

• Like Like x 1
  5. johnnn2013

johnnn2013
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my view forum posting and link building is the best way to generate more traffic on web.
    Other then these blog writing, blog tagging, blog commenting, article submission are another way to generate huge traffic on particular website.

6. Kkoh

Kkoh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When there are too many keyword anchor texts from low quality sites pointing to your site, your site will be hit too. Always mix your keywords with generic and to gain ranking for money keywords, place those as anchor texts in more quality sites. The rest can be spread out over multiple sources i.e. comments, directories, blogs.

7. Luraarth

Luraarth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Modify your methods that work with search engines and struggle to build better content.

8. maxwebinc

maxwebinc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ranking is not about backlinks. And even backlinking has lots of factors to consider in order to benefit from it. Google penguin and panda are designed primarily for users to have great experience using Google. They are not for penalizing purposes only.

And ranking factors are not just circling around backlinks, contents, social signals, and some other common stuffs that we know. I could just say that those things I mentioned play a big role. But again, the whole story is only revealed for Google itself.

So make an in-depth analysis of your website. It's structure, contents, search traffic, impressions, clicks, and anything that relates in ranking your site in Google.

9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

In what ways should the methods used be modified, and why? Why did you say we should "struggle" to build better content. Yes, building better content is a good idea, but why do we need to "struggle" to do it?

10. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The only thing that Google cares about is their users/searchers because that's where they get their money most of the time.

Now if Google cares about users, and you care about users, then you shouldn't have to worry about changing link schemes because of Penguin and Panda. Those updates are for the benefit of users not for SEOs alone. Build links that send traffic, make your website more user-friendly, provide what users want, promote as if you are presenting your website as yourself, and you will be on the right track.

Manipulating ranking will have a temporary good effect but mostly lifetime punishment if Google caught you doing some fishing on the dark side of the lake. :D

So, the bottom line is that, MAKE PAGES PRIMARILY FOR USERS.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jasmine12

jasmine12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google Panda & penguin both are affected your site link building activities, if you optimize site over Google penalize you

12. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Can you be more specific? How does each effect link building activities, and what do they have to do with over-optimization of a website?

13. Andhara Angels

Andhara Angels
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Penguin is over-optimization penalty and that occurred in both On page as Well off-page ...
    1 If your website is highly or badly optimized while focus on particular keywords ...
    2 Work to build links in excess with similar text in order to make it forcibly most relevant to page ...
    3 Website is Fully targeted to build links with Money key phrases ... etc
    So I think you are failed to put emphasis in 2 and 3rd sections ... So Go for Natural As ...
    Well Explained ..Thanks .
    And
    So Build user Friendly textual links that are looks general while reading with resources where you placed .. diversify your targeted keywords with broad list of non-profit keywords ..

• Like Like x 1
  14. rises5544

rises5544
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not quite sure but i afraid that you are going in to deep hole, with lot's of putting links in signature. Be natural in search engine eyes with lots of keyword variations.

15. Bharat Book

Bharat Book
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keyword variation is important thing,
    Thread has explained very nicely and participated member have been contributed very well in this thread, These updates might effect may sites and its true, peoples should have to recheck their sites from the view of Google with the applying the rules for both of these algorithms update and make appropriate changes.

16. semaphore.v

semaphore.v
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google Penguin update was meant to demote sites which draw their backlinks from low quality sites and especially those sites with backlinks that look unnatural to Google. Google has openly shown that quality will always come before quantity in backlinking and relevance will always be a key factor in link building.