How important is time to you and how do you manage it?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by NateAnglin, Sep 27, 2013.

1. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Time is constant and we won't get back what we’ve lost. As a business professional are you conscious of your time? How do you manage it?

2. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I manage my time according to my work, not a hectic and tight schedule, but yes whenever needed I may work for 24 hours also and whenever I have time, I relax for 15 hours also. I work according to the need of the times...

3. HomeBiz Success

HomeBiz Success
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Time is life and life is time so I take it very seriously and use it in healthy productive and creative ways. I try not to waste any of it and enjoy the memories made in the process.

4. buildindia

buildindia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Plan each day.
    Prioritize your tasks
    Say no to nonessential tasks
    Delegate
    Take the time you need to do a quality job
    Break large, time-consuming tasks into smaller tasks.
    Practice the 10-minute rule
    Evaluate how you're spending your time
    Limit distractions
    Get plenty of sleep, eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly
    Take a break when needed

5. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe those who don't understand time cannot understand Life. To manage time, I plan. I plan before I carry out anything or do any particular work.

6. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Excellent list.

7. J Greig

J Greig
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

i am very dependent on what time I have online and it's something in which I plan heavily on. I agree when you say what we've spent we can't get back which is why every action I make online is accounted for. I have a document on my desktop which acts as a guide on how long I spend on each website and also how long I spend on actions I take, for example, joining in with discussion.

8. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I really appericiate the tips given by buildindia for managing our schedule and i think time has too much importance in my life, and the person who doesn't give importance to time will never be a successful person.

9. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Time management can become very easy if we know what we have to do. By having a schedule of a day time management is very easy.It sounds a bit boring but if you are a professional just schedule your day :)

10. Dexterbell

Dexterbell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Time has too much important to me and I think all the businessman or even employees has to mange their time in the right ways otherwise they can never be successful in life. To get success everybody should try to manage their time in the right way.

11. carloborja

carloborja
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I am.

I sincerely believe that no businessman has ever become successful without proper time management. We only have 24 hours a day. How you spend those hours is critical to your success.

Regarding managing my time...

1. I do not take in more than what I can bear. That means I do not put excess activities on my list. It will only stress me out.
    2. In relation to number 1, I only do things that make a great difference in my life and career (e.g. learning new stuff, exercise, etc).
    3. I keep lists and schedules of things to do for the day. I prepare them the night before.
    4. I always see to it that I efficiently use my time. I use a time tracking tool (Time Doctor) for that. That way I'm sure I'm productive enough at work.
    5. I always evaluate myself at the end of the day.
    6. This is important: I always have a work / life balance. I have time for family and friends usually during the weekend. This keeps me sane.

Those are the things that are on top of my mind. I would not say I have perfect time management. This just works for me. And, I always seek to improve. :)

12. Henry Calvin

Henry Calvin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Time isn't everything. Its always about the quality of your work. You can do 3 things in a day and be admired for it, only if there is quality in it. But if you are aiming to become very successful then you need to do a thousand things in a day and all of them should have quality in it.
    The most important key is the quality of work. Otherwise anyone can do a million things in a day, but what would be the quality in his work if he is only running after time and making his way through the day

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dexterbell

Dexterbell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Time management is very important for a professional person.

14. LWoodham

LWoodham
    uix_expand uix_collapse

punctual on time is very important in our life

15. bmwillsmith

bmwillsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When your heart stops, how it will be? there will be nothing. So likewise, time is also a continuous process of the universe. It's obviously precious and valuable.

16. tamilvivakam

tamilvivakam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think Time is money so be punctual.