How important is online customer service

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by amal, May 9, 2013.

1. amal

amal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How important are online customer services these days. Does office based business with good customer service program requires an online help desk as well?

2. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Since everything is getting online and so are business then it is also essential to provide customer service online. Even for an office based business it is not possible for users to visit the office but one can always access internet from anywhere and put their issue forward and get it sorted without wasting much time. This is good for businesses as well customers. So online customer service is essential these days for all sort of businesses.

3. CS-Market

CS-Market
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Rocky, because such service plays an important part in any business. It allows to attract more visitors to your company from different places, also, it's very comfortable to get everything you need without leaving home.

4. alok897

alok897
    uix_expand uix_collapse

At online business you need to provide 24 hours assistance to customer because on internet there is no time limit for user to visit your website and contact for business.

5. Rey Clarke

Rey Clarke
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Customer service is a essential thing for an online business

6. lynxus

lynxus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Obviously im biased somewhat here. However I wouldn't be selling what I do sell if there was no requirement for it.

I have clients ranging from web hosts, to travel companies to solicitors. It seems that ANYONE who has an online presence would have some form of support though said medium.

In my case, Its Live chat.

A perfect example of why live chat may work well is if someone visits your website. They see a service or product that they love but cant quite get all the information they need.
    So they quickly do a google search to find more info that wasnt available to them on your site. They stumble on a cheaper product that seems to fit their needs.
    They leave your site and you dont make a sale.

Now if you had something like live chat, That user could of simply clicked "chat to us" and asked you or your sales team the question. You then reply with all the info they could ever need and if required maybe offer a discount if that user appeared like they were about to leave.

You make a sale and now have a happy customer who KNOWS how to get hold of you next time. Returning customer? Maybe..

So in this example you can clearly see the logic and how something so simple can mean the world of difference when it comes to a lost customer, a sale or a returning customer.

As i said, I'm biased as i sell live chat however the information is valid.

So yes, Online support for your customers is very much a valid option for any business. ( Short of coal miners? )

7. jeff123

jeff123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

online customer support is essential

its affordable for most businesses because they dont need to get an office space and all as everything can be done by phone and email and client is also happy

its good for clients because for any small problem they are not going to visit to office and they will like to call before even visiting the office to see if it can be fixed by phone

8. watshelly

watshelly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The core of all businesses is customer.As people spend most time online, online customer service is the most effective way to reach out customers. Even office based business with good customer service program requires an online help desk as well. Because customers can get access for immediate help with online customer service anywhere and anytime. Comm100 Live chat is a typical tool to realize online customer service.