How important are Signature Links

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by dannissmith20, May 31, 2010.

1. dannissmith20

dannissmith20
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Signature links seems to have amassed tremendous popularity. They are considered to be an effective way to promote sites. They attract traffic to your site and improve your search engine ranking. Many people seem to be keen on buying signature links. I guess using these links is crucial to producing more backlinks to your site. The more your site links on the web, the more attractive it will be to search engines. I need to know about the changes in 2010. Are these signature links still considered to be important? Are they effective SEO tools? Someone shed light on this!

2. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Signature links are really important in gaining more search engine of internet visibility of your site.
    I find it useful when you want to increase traffic and page rank from dofollow forums like BAF.
    But signature links only works well in traffic if you are active on a certain forum.

3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

it sure will improve traffic and serps. as of now i think its still useful for SEO.

4. greighuge

greighuge
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think signature links are probably worth nothing or next to nothing. That does not mean they can not be a source of traffic if the signature is related to the topic of the forum. Most forum threads have a Google Page Rank of zero, so there is not going to be much PR available to pass through a signature link Signature links are self promotional links and are easy to get. They are not the sorts of links that are editorially given, so are likely to be valued very low, if at all, by search engines anyway.

5. Vekseid

Vekseid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

An important thing to remember is that a PR 'unranked' page, on a forum topic, is still a piece of unique content that is handing out link juice all its own. It's not much, but forums are the biggest unique content generation engines out there. When Google finally figures out what they're about, they get lots of love to hand out, and it adds up.

They're especially valuable when you get a well-linked sticky on a large community (my '24 ways to make SMF faster' as an example), of course, but that's not the only reason for them.

6. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are right. One of my site's strongest backlinks comes from a high ranking do follow webmaster forum.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Signature links have a lot of value over and above the way they can help you to rank in the search engines. Like me, many forum members are keen to visit sites owned and promoted by their fellow members. People feel that they have something in common with their fellow members and they are happy to support them.

8. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Signature links considered as "the key to the success" of your site. No signature link, no traffic, no do follow means your site is dead. That's how important it is.

9. Lingua21

Lingua21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with a lot of what has been written so far on this thread.

I think that it is worth belonging to a range of different forums as Google seems to like diversity. A number of people seem to think that forum signature links are fairly worthless but I believe that every little bit helps and they all add to the mix. When I go into Google Webmaster Tools a fair percentage of my backlinks are from forums.

If a thread contains good well written content and preferably content that relates to my niche then I will generally post. Also, for example, if you want to rank in say Google's Italian pages then it is worth posting to 'dot it' forums.

So in conclusion, I think that I have gained some benefit from forum signatures but I have gained far more benefit from participating in forums in order to share business knowledge and BAF is certainly one of the better business forums that I have come across so far.

Mike Dove

10. KeithM.

KeithM.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Honestly, I can't still fully grasp the whole idea behind signature but because of the recent changes in google activity and with what most SEO's have been doing, it is one of the coolest way to say to WWW that your site is alive and kicking.

11. aries07

aries07
    uix_expand uix_collapse

forum signature is a good source of backlinks for y our site but of course you must make sure that you are posting quality post

#11 aries07, Jun 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  12. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Optimized, dofollow signature links are really good for SERPs as it gives your link a meaning when it comes to spiders crawling that page.