How I can promote a product launch?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by HazelYu, Jun 23, 2015.

1. HazelYu

HazelYu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My wife is starting a flower plus gift shop in GTA. She is starting it with her sister as a partner. The shop starts next month and we are doing the last minute preparations. The most important part now is the promotion. We are planning of few strategies like sending out advertising email and postcards. As a part of the promotion we will be giving discounts to the first 50 sales. We are not planning any media advertisements at the moment, so what are the other promotional techniques that can be used for a flower shop. We can't afford OTT methods. I am looking for simple yet effective promotional methods.

2. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is the shop an online shop or a physical one? If it's an online shop or you plan on being able to order online as an option, then I'd be looking at doing some form of internet marketing, have a look on relevant forums and ask how much it would cost for advertising on their site, that kind of thing might help.

3. Stephanie Y.

Stephanie Y.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A good one to do is to physically go into the local surrounding businesses with some type of gift bag or just coupons. Partner with some of them if possible. For referrals and to get your name out there. Especially if there are any bridal shops nearby, wedding planners, hair salons, spas, etc. Even smaller local colleges that have graduations every six months. I work at a career college part time. They have a graduation every six months and purchase flowers for the students and arrangements for the location. So partnering and marketing to the surrounding businesses is great. I also have a small business in the spa/salon industry. Many of the large restaurants do just that. They go hand out coupons, movie tickets or something to let us know they are there and open during lunch hours. Of course maybe a small business, with a small ad budget may not be able to do movie tickets.

4. Sotaru

Sotaru
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It also depends on how much money you are willing to spend on this launch. I definitely suggest targeting advertisement in areas that are most prominently populated with potential customers most likely to like your niche.

5. Damien Lee

Damien Lee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Usually it's best that your promotional budget will last you at least 3 months after you launch. You shouldn't stop promoting your business after launch and keep doing promotions every month. Flyers are a good way to go, they're generally affordable and can be handed out to plenty of passerby's in the vicinity. Also get on Twitter and Facebook and target people that live nearby the flower / gift shop. Offer a discount to anyone that re-tweets or likes your offer to help spread the word.

6. designdigitaldxb

designdigitaldxb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are two many options available if we talk about digital marketing then Google Adwords is the quick solution to promote a product. You can get your ads live in no time.

7. hrishivardhan

hrishivardhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can get a help from social media platforms to promote your products online. You can do local business listing of your physical or online store.
    Local business listing will help you a lot. You can find business listing sites by searching on Google.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Having a budget in place for after the initial launch is definitely a good idea. If your advertising is right, you'll get a lot of interest at the beginning, but that will start to drop off over a period of time, so it's important to have something to fall back on just in case you don't keep as many new customers as you had planned.

9. david14beck

david14beck
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well you can spend little money on Facebook or Google ads by location targeting. Its a best way to promote your business online. you can also send a little gifts like key ring or something else with the invitation card in the local market so they can visit your shop.

10. clevelandslim

clevelandslim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Everyone loves to receive free gifts so can plan about giving gift or giving discounts may help you, you can also promote through your blog, business websites, and other people’s blogs are great places.

11. tsubibo

tsubibo
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Most cost effective ways would be the postcards that you ahve mentioned and how about trying to give out some flyers. I know they might not be the most hi-tech way to advertise your business but it is a cost effective way. BTW how would get the emails you are going to send out the ads to?

12. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One thing that I have heard people say worked for them would be flyers. If you are able to put them up all over the time then I'm sure you would get people to come. And if you wanted another thing would be a business card, becuase that is also something that you might find works. But, I mean I find that a good soruce of promoting is from social media. I know that you don't want to use it, but you might think about using that.

13. david14beck

david14beck
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well social media is a better idea for promoting your business. you can use Facebook ads for promoting your business by GEO targeting or just a impression campaign on your nearby areas, its not worthy. moreover if you don't want to use it you can put your business templates in local newspapers.

14. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want a low cost way to promote your flower shop business, then do this:

Get some professional business cards made. Vistaprint is an excellent place to get this done well at a low cost.

Start attending local business networking groups. You can find them on Meetup.com and also by calling your local Chamber of Commerce and also by searching on the internet.

Go to these networking meetings with the intention of just getting to know the other people there. Don't go with the intention of promoting your business. Just go with the intent to get to know those other people as much as you can. Most of those local business owners are in your target market for your flower business. People prefer to buy from other people that they know, like and trust. So, just by introducing yourself to those people and getting to know them, many of them will automatically want to buy from you at least once. They will want to try your business. If you service them well, they will become repeat customers. And they will tell their friends "Hey, go to this flower shop. I know the owner."

When you attend these networking groups, you don't have to try to sell at all. The people there will automatically ask you what type of business you are in. Those people will also offer you excellent advice about how to get your business off the ground. I promise you that it will be worth your time.

Even if you are scared to do it, go do it anyway. Hand out those business cards and shake a lot of hands. I guarantee you will get new customers. They won't come flooding in right away. They might not come in until Mothers Day or Valentines Day, but they will come in and give you a shot at earning their loyalty.

15. pofax

pofax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can open group in facebook and get traffic to your group. Group can be created about flowers. This is very good idea.

16. manishsqrt

manishsqrt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are not going to the masses and promoting among few customers, try to add value in your promotion, you should focus on selling rather than advertising if your audience size is small.Just be honest in your words and deliver the best, you may offer some discount base don value or customer loyalty. Just remember you will have to spend somewhere and if not on ads then on the customer itself.But don't bribe customer, just give them some additional value with the product that may be in there mind for a long time.

17. LouiseMartinez

LouiseMartinez
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Local sites, reviews site, rating site and even social media as long as it is niche- can promote the business in no time.

18. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Take some flyers to nearby offices and other buildings where there is a lot of footfall. People in offices are always buying birthday/leaving flowers and gifts for each other so it would make sense to make your business known to them.

19. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Visit an establishment that uses flowers each day like a restaurant for their centerpieces. Make a nice arrangement and give it to them as part of your marketing and do not forget to put your business card in just in case they want to try your flowers.

20. myflowertree

myflowertree
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi if you want to promote your business then you need to do SEO (Search Engine Optimization) & SMO to promote your business or products online it ll help you to get more and more traffic to your website.