How helpful is social media for business?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by marcus47, Jun 6, 2013.

1. marcus47

marcus47
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is the Social media right place for lead generations? How can we make leads through SMM?
    I am little confused about it. Please explain your experience about SMM.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

marcus47 can you please give a little info on the type of business you wish to promote using social media?

3. marcus47

marcus47
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well i just want to know the role of social media for B2B Companies. Like which Social Media Website is best for B2B etc.

4. maxwebinc

maxwebinc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

5. marcus47

marcus47
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks max,
    which one is best for social media marketing Facebook or Twitter?

6. dalevarman

dalevarman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media is a best marketing way, It get website traffic or attention through social media sites. This process through written content that attract attention and encourage user to read it with social media site.

7. leokhan

leokhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, marcus47
    Your question is interesting & I really appreciate it. According to my experience of SMM, its quite good & effective solution for lead generation. Facebook & Twitter both are very effective brings traffic very easily, because in today's time social media is on hype. So, do not get confused about this strategy of marketing.

8. watshelly

watshelly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media marketing is effective for both branding and leads generating. For B2B, linkedin is the most effective way for lead generating. Facebook is an useful channel for branding and customer interaction. It's my experience.

9. scottbaird

scottbaird
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media is very helpful for business growth in today's world. Most famous social media practices are facebook, twitter, linkdin and many other sites. But these three sites are most common and helpful to achieve sucess in business. Thanks for sharing.

10. elainemaria

elainemaria
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social Media Marketing helps lot to e-commerce websites. otherwise it plays important role in branding. Facebook, Twitter, G+, Linkedin are very popular in these days.

Thanks,

11. marcus47

marcus47
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi watshelly,
    I acknowledge you suggestion. There are lots of other tools for making leads just like you say LinkedIn and Facebook but i would like to say that Live Chat is the best solution for making leads.with live chat you can convert to the visitor into the customer.

12. Ivana B.

Ivana B.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So far, the best network is LinkedIn. BUT you have to build your profile the right way, so it attracts leads. You also need to get into it, get into groups, talk to people, not sell right away and so forth. If done right, you can get lots of leads.

I would need to know more about your business, but here is a 3 part tutorial on youtube that can help you with setting it up. (Linkedin Part 1 | Linked In Part 2 | Linkedin Part 3

13. marcus47

marcus47
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Personally I haven't played around with Twitter as much, but in my experience Facebook it's really gives you a variety of ways to share or show something.
    But i acknowledge that each one has it's own advantages.

14. AJKpeter

AJKpeter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nowadays social websites play huge role in marketing so you should definitely use all of available tools

15. BacklinksInc

BacklinksInc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media is extremely important. most of your traffic comes from social media, Also its alot more safe than relying on Google

16. uthra

uthra
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media is the best way to gain the more traffics for business.Quality content sharing regarding your business,Image sharing,Video sharing are the good strategies for gain traffics through social media.

17. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For B2B most marketers would recommend LinkedIn.

In my opinion both, Facebook and LinkedIn should be used, as the probability is higher for somebody to visit your FB business page than the one on LinkedIn.

Most of the businesses are already on FB, but not on LinkedIn. Of course, it depends on who you're targeting and the approaching method you wish to use.

Regarding Facebook and Twitter, I'd go for Facebook, if I had to chose only one. Twitter gives you the opportunity to get targeted followers very fast, but when it comes to advertising, it is far behind.

I'd recommend using Twitter in conjunction with Pinterest for e-commerce. As I said, Twitter allows you to target the accounts you wish to be followed by. From here, you can easily transform them in into your Pinterest followers. Pinterest has a few great features (like price tags) that will increase your chances of converting the followers (and not only) into paying customers.

• Like Like x 1
  18. henna

henna
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Definitely Social media is best way to encourage your target audience in these days. I would say pinterest and facebook is right medium for meet your target audience. before we should make innovative strategies on Social media that helps to get traffic.

19. johndevis

johndevis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think using any social sites can be good for SEO. So you can use your G+ account to promote what you want to.

20. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I didn't see any mention of a G+ account in the OP's original post, nor in any subsequent post. Although your point is a good one, it is not limited to any specific social site. Depending on whether the site is B2C or B2B, and the type of site, Facebook or LinkedIn can also be used, in addition to other social sites.