How does this afect YOU ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Dorfy, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Dorfy

Dorfy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I make no apology for posting this report up "as is", it is a report that will have an affect on every website on the net, IF you are relying on Google to push your site to the top, my own impression is that it could have a real negative effect on how some forum plugins are utilising Google for promotion. I suggest you read it in FULL, before even trying to make a comment.

Admin Edit - Article Link - Google Takes Another Bite Out of SEO: First Links and Now Keywords

This article appeared today on the SEOPRONEWS site, it is one of the forerunners for news affecting SEO.

#1 Dorfy, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2013
  2. pete.mcal

pete.mcal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Original source here http://www.sitepronews.com/2013/01/...-first-links-and-now-keywords/comment-page-1/ It's a bit easier to read than the quoted version.

Nothing too new here, but it might help those that are brand new to SEO or don't know the game at all. These "problems" have been around in a big way for at least 1 year +

If you want to future proof your search rankings be real, provide value and don't look for shortcuts. It's as simple as that.

• Like Like x 2
  3. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It just comes down to one conclusion - Provide good quality information. But let me tell you this. Based on my experience traffic will be the biggest loophole you can see generally. I have my partner who is handling a huge network of websites intended to provide good rankings for all of his clients.

Large portion of them are actually violating Google's Guidelines when it comes to making a user-friendly website. They have very large images, copied contents, and irrelevant links. The network is still up and running until now and actually deliver good rankings for his clients.

I think Google is still looking in the number of traffic that a particular website is receiving. If your website is getting a good number of traffic it is not reasonable for them to turn your website down. That's why we should think out of the box. Build links that sends traffic. Not just for link value.

4. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yep. That's it in a nutshell.

So many companies want to dominate search and they think the only/best way to do it is to use tricks. As long as they continue to pay for those tricks, there will be someone there to take the money. However, more and more people will get hit as Google hones in on the manipulators little by little.

Stay out of the way of Google's wrath by building quality content your visitors love. That takes hard work, which contrary to many people's thinking, is exactly what's needed to make it on the Net.