How does the YouTube algorithm for counting views work?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by peter90, Jun 23, 2014.

1. peter90

peter90
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have been searching recently in Google regarding how the You Tube algorithm to count views works. I have read a lot of posts, but still I find some things confusing. Say if you watch a video 30 times from a certain IP, does it count 30 views or only 1 view? Also, I read that if you replay the video that does not count towards the views? is it correct ?

2. lets-build

lets-build
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm pretty sure that every time you watch it, it counts as a view. Even if it's your own video!

3. peter90

peter90
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are your sure ! Every time if I will watch the same video then it counts the view ... I do not think so it is possible .But did you try this method..?

4. paulsimmons

paulsimmons
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It count everytime the video is loaded, irrespective of the fact its repeated or new visitor.

5. SConsultant

SConsultant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The counter adds one for one load and play - and sometimes it is corrected back :)
    Some weeks ago a mail came from YouTube saying that they mismatched the actual viewcount to my friend's channel and corrected by adding some hundred views...

6. thaversantosh

thaversantosh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think in the youtube every time when you watch the video , view counter increase every time . although you have play same video 100 times . But when your youtube view over the 300 then it follow some rules .

7. peter90

peter90
    uix_expand uix_collapse

okay! what rules youtube follow after 300 Plus video watch.

8. kpkarthik

kpkarthik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think this is the same process of Google Blogger web page page views.By adding some java script programming coding in Blogger template widget,we could display the page views count of web page on the blogger.But i don't know exactly that same process also used in Youtube video view count.