How does SEO company operate?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by daytrader, Aug 26, 2011.

1. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When a client finally agreed to their TOS, what do they SYSTEMATICALLY do?

2. Chinahailin

Chinahailin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What do you mean´╝č
    Can you describe it in detail?

3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

what do they do literally, like are they just editing html files, putting keywords on it, save and its done. is it just it? what do they systematically to do SEO a site?

i wanna know what do they do because i wanna set up an SEO company.

4. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Basically they have a list of seo job, and individual employee have own task, they will complete those task. The manager will analyze and monitor the result, they will assign new task when necessary

5. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

so its kinda assembly line that they as well hire writers, spammers, people who knows how xummer work and etc and by the end of the day they will lay a document report of what they'd accomplished?

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Due to the level of knowledge necessary, and the constant changes going on in the search industry, not everyone can set up an SEO company. Within the basic framework of SEO, there are various methods that SEO companies use, some ethical, some not so much. There are, unfortunately, a lot of companies out there who will take a client's money and not give them the level of service they were expecting (to put it politely). What is really needed are people and companies with the tools, resources, and skills to give their client's the most value for the money.
    Your lack of knowledge about what an SEO company does, and your use of the word "spammers", and phrases like "assembly line" and "people who knows how summer work" leads me to believe you do not have the skills necessary to provide your potential clients with the high level of service that a comprehensive SEO program would need. Whether intentionally or not, it appears that by setting up an SEO company, you would add to the industry's bad reputation, something it definitely does not need.

7. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No. i just use the terms just so SEOs will know I'm still just learning and that an experienced SEOs might just explain it in layman's term.

8. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Normally they will changing website meta tag, make linking for them, monitor invalid link, research keyword, optimize images tag. Give them a web ranking report according to the target keyword. For those client who will to optimize content, they it require a copywriter to recreate those article.

9. GamingOn

GamingOn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I could tell you how to SEO :D But not for free. ;) not many people will allow a free advice on how to get the links which boost serps in the future offer money for this knowledge and you will get the information you want. I do SEO jobs all the time and get $$$. :D

10. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

somehow i manage to know some seo and made my site on top of SERP. what i don't know is how SEO company operate.
    i've joined and somehow almost won SEO contest

11. GamingOn

GamingOn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well that's good. Operates like all other businesses gets clients from DP if you can rank top in SERP like I can you can get clients from there without your own website. Good luck in your business.

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

ownedbox there are lots of different services that fall under the remit of what an SEO company does, these include;

• Keyword selection
    • Competitor analysis
    • Link building
    • Blog commenting
    • Forum posting
    • Providing content
    • Article writing and submission
    • On site SEO, including meta tags, navigation structure, site maps, content etc
    • Managing pay per click campaigns
    • Copywriting
    • Social bookmarking
    • Social media marketing
    • Etc, etc

If you want to get into the SEO business I'd suggest that you begin by focusing on providing one or two of those services and build your business from there. For example, you could start off with providing a blog commenting service, whereby you find suitable blogs on behalf of your clients and then make helpful comments on those blogs that include links back to your clients' sites.

Does that approach sound like it might work for you?

Good luck with it and please feel free to send me a PM with details of your services once you start!

• Like Like x 1
  13. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanks. if for example an SEO company just provide the services below:

*On site SEO, including meta tags, navigation structure, site maps, content etc
    *Managing pay per click campaigns

should the seo company require thier clients to give their cpanel/email logins or the company will just have to ask their client to add "codes and etc" to the site?

14. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

We actually do the On-Page Optimization for the client, but in some cases, to protect proprietary information, the client would prefer to do it themselves. If they do it themselves, it must be done on a timely basis, so you would need to keep detailed records so you can show when and who you contacted, and when, if the client complains.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mcwahl

mcwahl
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First off, someone said they are going to start an SEO company and they had questions about what SEO is. This is putting the cart before the horse isn't it? SEO as far as I understand is adjusting your meta tags...key words...and establishing backlinks. I saw some other stuff mentioned and I would personally like to know more about it. Thanks.