How does pain affect your productivity?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by NateAnglin, Aug 9, 2013.

1. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It’s obvious that most entrepreneurs, especially those who are working in the office spend almost 4+ hours in their chair and merely concentrate with on the monitor and keyboard. For the whole day that you’ve been there sitting at your chair, do you feel any pain in your body? How does it affect your productivity throughout the day?

2. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It just breaks the back and then creates stressful mind because sitting at a place for 4-5 hours is really boring and hectic.Apart from that there is pain in eyes also,it becomes red and watery.To get rid of back and shoulder pain we should stretch it and must change our positions in every half an hour and rotate our eyes and don't look continuous on screen so that eyes should not be affected.

As long as you sit on the work continuously,your mind will be blocked and nothing will go inside it.Productivity decreases after some time..

3. Martin Willard

Martin Willard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I broke my hand a while back and never got it seen to correctly so occasionally that ends up hurting me and I have to stop working on the PC but luckily it is only very occasionally.

4. spyindiaankur

spyindiaankur
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My job is a sitting job on computer. If I have a pain, no doubt it does not affect as much as it affect a person working as a sales man or marketing employer. But still any kind of pain affects my productivity in work whether less or more.

5. Natcoweb

Natcoweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I try to move from time to time.
    It's really hard to sit at the table all day long.

6. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very well said. So well I don't even have a response ;-).

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

Silly question and you probably do but do you work out your hand to build strength and flexibility that was lost in the injury?

7. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree. Any pain is bad pain. Just make sure you take advantage of simple strategies to combat this. I've wrote articles on this if interested.

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

It's hard for me as well. It's tough when your profession demands this.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sometimes when I have pain I take a paracetamol tablet. Is this an unhealthy thing to do?

9. Arpita

Arpita
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's hard too work under pain but when your work is your passion it will make you to forget the pain.

10. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Static sitting in front of the computer has also for me not created good results (back pain, neck pain etc) because I have gained quite a bit of weight from all of this long hour sitting and bad posture. So movement and better posture is the only solution. Eban Pagan a mentor of mine, switched to standing instead of sitting by lengthening the heights of his work areas, and resting by laying down for a few minutes. He has actually perfected his routine in rituals that have now improved his productivity. So I think pain distracts us and lowers our productivity but we can respond by listening to our body's communication to move more, stretch more, rest more and eat right. To honor our bodies by responding with healthier living.:)

11. Webcs-Peter

Webcs-Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I try to go out of my office while my working day.
    It helps me feel better.

12. rahulm

rahulm
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well if you are happy your productivity will be double if you sad suffering from pain then you will not concentrate on your task or work which finally going to affect your productivity.

13. angelOnEarth

angelOnEarth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's important to have breaks. Especially if you're is just sitting the entire day, looking at the computer screen. It's important to also take care of your body because it's got a huge effect on your productivity. I take 15min break every 2 hours of work. I stand up and do some stretching or take a short nap to refresh my mind.

14. Priyanka Sharma

Priyanka Sharma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

all young generation have some problems if you have same problem then take rest from 10 minutes every 2 hour

15. crater

crater
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sitting for hour in front of computer is not easy. I usually get some rest every 30 - 45 minutes.