How does one promote a website

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by amandasys, Dec 16, 2011.

1. amandasys

amandasys
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For example, say you made a dating website. How does one go about getting people to know about it?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Based on how your question was phrased, I would say that social media marketing is probably the best way to get the word out about a dating website. Some may recommend SEO, in order to increase your website's rankings in the search engines, but you are in a very competitive industry, and it would be very difficult, if not impossible, to do this yourself. It would also be expensive to hire someone to get your website ranked for competitive keyword phrases. Keep this in mind for later, after you have gotten the word out about your website, and people become more familiar with your name.
    You might also try participating in related forums, putting a link to your website in your signature, although this would be slower than an organized social media campaign.

3. AliceNolan

AliceNolan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Create a blog and discuss services at the blog. Do social bookmarking of website and all blogposts and also do social networking for your blog.

4. amitmax

amitmax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are lot of ways to promote a website.You can use SEO for your website.In SEO there are lot of techniques which helps you to promote website over SEs.You can use articles marketing,press releases,forum posting,directories,content sharing websites,social media websites,Video sharing etc.
    Thanks

5. Nill Smith

Nill Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you wants to announce about your new website than Press release and social networking is best way to promote your website.

6. brianwhitskey24

brianwhitskey24
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have been provided a very good advice from all the members here you can follow that, and i would like to say, i totally agree with joeroxx! he has rightly said the website and the niche of your website is very competitive this day, if you want to hire a SEO expert he may charge you more for the competitive keywords. as joeroxx has said you can opt for social networking sites for promoting your website it will definitely help you in promotion of your website.

7. stellaandreapark

stellaandreapark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can promote using social media. Stay in these sites and start marketing for most people nowadays are engaged in social networking sites. Gather some friends and join groups related to your niche.

8. emmaheuton

emmaheuton
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Article marketing is one of the most effective techniques use for promoting websites. Write articles and blog using relevant keywords related to your products and services. Submit these articles in top article directories and create back links to your own site. This can help you to promote your website and attract traffic.

9. jack123456

jack123456
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Create a site and talk about services at the site. Do public bookmark submitting of website and all blogposts and also do web 2. 0 for your site site.

10. DaveB

DaveB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For a dating site you could also hold some real world events like speed dating or some type of other dating service. You could also use micro sites / workers to get a bunch of new sign ups as well. Maybe you could write an E-book on a good dating / relationship topic. For a dating site there are so many ways you could choose to market it. Maybe give away some free dates to new users. The dating website market is becoming saturated very quickly so you better hurry if you have a good idea!

11. indiagiftportal

indiagiftportal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

then you also searching dating sites add take link on that site then this is very good for all.

12. Jessica1234

Jessica1234
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    Getting the idea of your business I think, you have to promote your business in social networking sites.
    Make some videos promoting your site and promote it through SEO, this will bring enough traffic to popularize your site. Do a solid SMO(Social Media Optimization) of your site and see the results.

13. saima

saima
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the website can be promoted through different ways, some important are posting quality articles, comments on forums, press release, directories, book marks.

14. webtosearch

webtosearch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if you creating site related dating and then no problem all think do like for all site no problem.Because
    Business is business.

15. diyakapoor

diyakapoor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Based on your website's theme, mainly you can promote it through social networks or social media sites. You can also do SEO to get SERP

16. kathyclark

kathyclark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can either do long-term SEO....but that's going to be a tedious task...... The only way you can go about this......your product should be so good and genuine that people spread it..... use PPC......

17. christianaligo

christianaligo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a blog and I used syndication to link my blog with my Facebook account. Whenever I post a new blog entry, the link of the post appears on my Facebook pages. I also make sure to mention the blog (with its URL) in other social sites. However, I think publishing regular and quality contents to your sites does the work totally! Plus of course good online moderation to get all viewers become regular visitors to your site.

18. Jessica1234

Jessica1234
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    I am suggesting you to go with promoting your site on social networking sites because the large percentage of your traffic consist of young people and almost all the internet users who are young are using these social networking sites.
    I think, social networking sites are the easiest way for you to reach the targeted traffic of your website.

19. offshoreaccout

offshoreaccout
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are lot of tips on how to advertise a web page.You can use SEO for your web page.In SEO there are lot of methods which allows you to advertise web page over SEs.You can use information promotion,press produces,forum publishing,directories,content discussing internet sites,social advertising internet sites,Video discussing etc.

20. semy

semy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have the same problem,my site is : www.tatamall.com, it is a online mall, any suggestion would be appreciated