How does it take time to index backlinks

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by apexis, Jun 5, 2012.

1. apexis

apexis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have been doing some link building myself like web 2.0, article directory, guest post, social bookmarking, comments for more than a month also I bought few of the seo packages. Now most I say 85% of links are index in the google.
    My question is how long does it take to show those links in backlink checker or google webmaster because i m so worry now
    For me Google webmaster hasn't added any new links..

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It can take some time for Google Webmaster to start displaying the links to your site. Have you checked if those links are showing up anywhere else, e.g. in Yahoo?

3. Owen

Owen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my experience !

In Webmaster tools - The link will be shown after 10-30 Days depends on the quality and Authority of your backlink.

4. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's All depends on quality back links. And it will take some time... Some times it will take 15 to 20 day's or some times more than 1 months... Depends on your Back links quality.....

5. Owen

Owen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yahoo is not showing up the backlinks anymore. Because they tied up with bing. You need to register with their webmaster tool and check it.

However Majestic SEO will show your top and relevant backlinks. So keep watch there too..

6. cellington

cellington
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was listening to the SEORockstars on WebMaster Radio on Tuesday (Monday?) and heard a promotion for Majestic SEO that can help you get started. As an existing customer, I don't qualify, so I kinda tuned it out, or I would provide more details. The podcast is there so you can listen and (I think) still get in on the deal.

7. sayitproud

sayitproud
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think any of those tools will ever ultimately show all your links, even when they are indexed. Pretty sure WMT will only show you some of them. So it's like a sampling. I've learned to not overly worry about it because there isn't much you can do but keep working at it.

8. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No one exactly know - as I knew it. You continuously build back links but there are no assurance if Google will see it in a short period of time.

9. GreenAir

GreenAir
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Check Majestic SEO's fresh index backlink checker, and that website will update backlinks faster than google will find and index them.

Also make sure that your website has a proper sitemap with google and the other search engines, that way it will be easier for the bots to crawl your website.

It takes a while in general for your backlinks to work. Just started working on my website a few months ago, and have just recently started seeing some results. Currently trying to move past a page rank of 1 : )

10. tinamarten

tinamarten
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if you do not ping nor trying to index them in any way it can take 2 weeks up to 3 months in some cases.

11. sayitproud

sayitproud
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think GreenAir is right that Majestic SEO is considered about the best you can find. A lot of tools depend on them.

12. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No one can tell the actual time, but from the Google crawl rate and cache it give us some clue. A page backlink to B page, I guess the process as below:

1. Search engine begin crawl on authority site. e.g. DMOZ, Facebook, Twitter
    2. Search engine robot follow those link to indexing A page. If A page is less popular, it may take time to discover a page.
    3. Completely crawl A site and follow the link to B page.
    4. Reflect the link relationship at Google database.
    5. Google distribute those data to webmsater tool.

13. EmilisM

EmilisM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Additionally it depends on how often is updating an information in this site there is your link.

14. cellington

cellington
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Be careful that you don't spend too much time focusing on what Google does or does not know. As MarkT pointed out, no one knows, and as patricke0001 and EmilsM have said, it takes time no matter what.

Instead, keep your attention focused on producing high-quality, interesting, informative content that gets published on other people's websites, tracked/mentioned in other people's blogs, and liked/shared by your friends and followers in social media. Just because it's *possible* to count back links doesn't mean it'll translate to eyeballs or conversions.

Measuring traffic to your site and your conversion stats is (imho) a better indicator of the reach and effectiveness of your marketing campaigns. As I've already said, we do a lot of article marketing (yes, even post-Penguin) and by directing our readers to a specific, relevant landing page, we get an excellent view into the power and popularity of any piece of content posted by the DYA Community.

15. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't do many things in for link building this is going spam nowadays, just do the selective things which have worth like, Guest posting, Blog commenting and Social media these are the things which are best nowadays and gives you the ranking.