How does Google categorize web pages?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Vfdehfv, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Vfdehfv

Vfdehfv
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When Google indexes a web page, Google might assign a ranking score and a category score. In this example, a web page about flamingos would be compared to other pages that contain the word "flamingos".

Depending on the other words on the web page, the page would be given a category score and a ranking score for the given category. According to the patent, the categories for pages and queries can be created manually, through an automated process, or by a combination of both methods.

What does this mean for your website?

If you want to make sure that Google categorizes your web pages correctly, you should use many different and related keywords that describe the topic of your website on your web pages.

2. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Lot of user has view your post, but none of them reply. I guess, they not really get your question. So far I only know google categories those site by blog search, images search, news, discussion, book and products search.

Those ranking that you mention, are refer to Google Page Rank (PR)?

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Vfdehfv I'm not familiar with your view as to how Google categorises websites. Would you please have a link with some further info on the topic?

4. etrade123

etrade123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

please ask the question in proper way. because i don't understand.