How does CSS affects SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by James12smith, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James12smith

James12smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi!

Can anybody tell me if my css affects my website SEO?

For example, if I use the tag <b> but I use Css to change the style of this tags will I be penalized?

I read that if I use "display:none" initially then the information inside that element will not be indexed. Is this correct?

Thank you in advance.

2. JoanMatilda

JoanMatilda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

CSS will not affect the site and external style sheet is user friendly for seo process

3. jaysh4922

jaysh4922
    uix_expand uix_collapse

CSS is very important for web design because it provides you control of the entire look of your site. So it is very preferred in web design and you can create a interesting web design on your website.

4. spyshekhar

spyshekhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

CSS is used to create best look and feel to the website and css will not affect the seo so you can use css for your website to make it good.

5. ConanLake

ConanLake
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, CSS can impact your website's performance in the search engines, but not with regard to any of the issues you list. Generally speaking, CSS will only affect your rankings if they interpret it as an attempt to manipulate the results by doing things like hiding content from users so that only search engines would see it. The resulting page layout can also have an effect, but that's a subject that really belongs in the Search Engines topic.

6. AchinHimanshu

AchinHimanshu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

css will effect seo only if we not disallow it into robot.text file.

7. clevelandslim

clevelandslim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, CSS can impact your website's performance in the search engines, but not with regard to any of the issues you list. Generally speaking, CSS will only affect your rankings if they interpret it as an attempt to manipulate the results by doing things like hiding content from users so that only search engines would see it. The resulting page layout can also have an effect, but that's a subject that really belongs in the Search Engines topic.

Whether the CSS is contained in an external stylesheet file, the <head> section of the document, or embedded inline in your HTML tags doesn't matter at all. CSS has been with us for nearly 15 years now. If your websites aren't performing as well as they had in the past, it's not because of CSS. It's because the search engines' ranking methods have changed and the level of competition has exploded. Good luck!

8. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This thread is now closed. If you have something new to add, PM me and I'll re-open it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.