How do you increase conversions through a website?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by HiteshMistry, May 20, 2013.

1. HiteshMistry

HiteshMistry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good Morning All

I would like some guidance on the best ways to increase conversion on our website.

We are getting a steady flow of traffic now, I want to ensure our website is setup correctly.

A typical conversion would mean a sign up on our site.

What has worked best for you?

Many Thanks

Hitesh

2. Andhara Angels

Andhara Angels
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Every web entrepreneur has conversion related queries and worries. As you mentioned conversion means signups for you, it is important to reach platforms where your target audience is present. Marketing can consume a lot of funds nowadays but it is obviously beneficial. Getting featured on technology web brands and tabloids can help a great deal if you have something unique to offers your client base.

Website design and user experience also make a gigantic difference. Conversions will suffer if visitors are having trouble finding what they came for. Be creative without compromising website usability. For those who maintain e-commerce business and are looking for tips in improving their conversion rate, join discussion http://www.businessadviceforum.com/showthread.php/48734-E-commerce-website-sales-Improvement-Tips

3. HiteshMistry

HiteshMistry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you very much

4. jeff123

jeff123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should also take below points in consideration -

- Time required to load the page
    - Flow of the website
    - content & design of website
    - the time signing up takes
    - easy accessibility

5. samvilla

samvilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your conversion rate is a measure of the number of potential customers that go on to fill registration forum (sign up).
    Improving a website conversion rate can be relatively simple or can Something that is struggling . I always have to remind myself the consumer is always looking to have his needs fulfilled. But if you are promoting a huge project in a tough competitive situation, design should be given a serious consideration. like Website Colors , Text , Buttons or Text Links , Using clear "Images Bright and attractive headline promise on the banner can entice visitors to your website" etc
    In Case of Signup would like to suggest you to work to simplifying registration form , try to remove unnecessary elements from your registration form. This can be such questions as user’s age, gender etc. Also, you can do without CAPTCHA . Facilitate Social accounts sign in As Users hate filling out long registration forms, so they may find it much more convenient to sign in with pressing twitter or g+ or Facebook accounts .
    thanks

6. venumssi

venumssi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I highly recommend take adwords help. it's depends on your business. Most of the business 35% conversions increases in adwords. only through organic seo its only 10%.

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Adwords, the sponsored ads on Google, get only 14%-15% of the searchers, Organic gets 85%-86%. If you are only getting 10% conversions with SEO, you're probably going after the wrong keywords. When you first do a keyword analysis, or have one done for you, it should provide you with the best converting keywords based on your budget.

8. maxwebinc

maxwebinc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Check all your website status. Performance in search, on page, links, resources, design, user-experience, and loading speed.

Those factors mentioned above help in converting traffic into sign ups. Make sure you target the right audience. Track down where you can find most of them.

- Make sure your site is ranking well in Google and other search engines.
    - Make sure your title tag is compelling that might attract click throughs
    - Description should be compelling.
    - Website user experience should be at its best by making it load fast, and easy to navigate.
    - Of course you should make your contents for real people.

9. Indianweb

Indianweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

for increasing the conversion rate of website you should make your website well looking and also the receipt page should be more clear and attractive.

10. watshelly

watshelly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As you have steady traffic, you can use live chat to increase conversion. It enables you to monitor visitors in real time and start chat with them proactively. You can also analyze visitors' behavior based on the tracking navigation history of visitors and make sales strategy or adjust the web design/content. Comm100 Live Chat is such a solution.

11. universalboschi

universalboschi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hiii Hitesh, that really very hot topic in today's market to attract your costumers and make a business relationship. Post some blogs about your website and also you should go with social media which is the best way of communication between peoples.

12. Ivana B.

Ivana B.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would need to take a look at your site to be able to help more, but I see these common problems:

#1 - people are NOT collecting leads (get an opt in set up)
    #2 - they are not getting relevant offers! I had a guy in health niche, promoting dating offer....sorry this will NOT convert
    #3 - if you are collecting leads, you want to make sure your follow up messages are getting opened, so give them reason to open those.
    #4 - offers must solve some problem your audience has. It is a MUST!

well I could go on, and on :) but I am not sure what your site is and how it looks like. But I hope this does help.

• Like Like x 1
  13. venumssi

venumssi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I recommend Google adwords campaign to increase conversions. The SEO especially local seo attracts the potential customers with different offers.

14. dalevarman

dalevarman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you can increase conversions through a website so take some point on your mind. Like making a site accessible is a legal obligation in many countries and most important 99% of the site's users use IE, so justification this.

15. HiteshMistry

HiteshMistry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the advice all. Very useful.

16. anubhavsharma78

anubhavsharma78
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Conversions are hard to achieve unless you have planned very well.

Key to success
    Good Landing page
    Attractive Camping With instant information delivery.

17. Kevin Peter

Kevin Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Hitesh, conversion as mentioned by you is having a form filled. So, do you have a simple design of our website with correct CTAs?

I prefer having 1 or 2 CTAs per page. I do not want the visitor to get his attention on something else in the website. Carve a designated path for a first time visitor on your website, to go through the pages that you want him to. have your landing pages aligned in such a way that he needs to fill a form to get more information. So, do have a alluring Header that speaks the language of your buyers persona. Address their pain points in the content which gradually takes them to the form fill up.

Do this technique for different stages of buying cycle as well. You might have a content for the first timers who are seeking information to learn more about your product. You might have content for the visitor to convert as a lead, with more deeper information on industry standards and helping them with one of the issue they are currently facing. To have more information on this, make them fill a short form.

Your form length matters the most. I do not want to fill a lengthy form to find some info. I leave the website immediately.
    That is where the marketing automation platforms do help you with progressive forms. Have basic much needed info taken for the first time and then 2nd time the visitor lands on a page on your website, requesting for some information, with help of IP address, the automation tool remembers him and puts the other needed fields in the form infront of him and then updates your database automatically once he fills it.

18. Maryjohnson1555

Maryjohnson1555
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many ways and tactics to increase conversions on your site.Strong and effective SEO is one part, like give backlinks to your site on top quality show off sites, good and effective social media campaign , or tell users across different related forums.These types of steps can help you in this matter.

#18 Maryjohnson1555, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015
  19. caohongquang

caohongquang
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi HiteshMistry . I can only advise you to actively share a link to your website on the page same topic with your website and also on the target group on facebook to pull customers :)

20. JOSourcing

JOSourcing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've never used this strategy, but one tactic that always suckered me into converting (as a visitor->customer) was a limited time offer or price. :)