How do you get page views and comments to start flowing on your new blog?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Valentine, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Valentine

Valentine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Please share your experiences about what you had to do to make your new blog start flowing with page views and comments.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

The easiest way would be to hire one or more people to write comments for you. There are a couple of drawbacks to this, however. You have to make sure that the people you hire to write comments are going to write comments worth reading. And you have to hire "people", so that visitors to your blog don't see the same name over and over again, which makes the comments obviously look fake.
    Of course, you have to have sufficient content in the blog for visitors to comment on. That means you have to be very active in the blog, publishing content every day, or as much as possible. Don't create a blog post just for the sake of creating one - have something of value to say.
    The harder, and better, way to get your blog "flowing" is to spread the word through social media. You can tweet or update your facebook page to let followers know when you have a new blog post, but don't do only this or you'll alienate the very people you are trying to reach. You can also occasionally publish blog posts as articles on networking sites.
    One thing you have to realize is that your blog is new, and so will take time to really "flow". The more work you do, the shorter this time will be, but it's not going to happen overnight. or even a few days. Keep working, and keep sharing, and the visitors will come.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Michael Leng

Michael Leng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

After writing any article searching for the other blog which has similar to yours, visit it and leave comment with your article link if it's eligible. Then he will re-act to yours too.
    Not every one will feedback to you. However, if you do as much as enough, you would deserve of course.

4. carldweb

carldweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

try to find forums, blogs & articles which are related to your written topic & comment on it & add your blog link as a reference link. This will increase your page views & also people will add comment if they like it.

5. BlaZe

BlaZe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends upon the type of article you are writing. If your article is based on user experience then it is likely to get more replies as people tend to meld in with other's experiences.

6. alexfernandes

alexfernandes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need to create engaging and quality content on frequent basis for increasing traffic to your blog. Besides focusing on content, you can opt for PPC as well as Social Media Ads. For getting comments on your blog, you can follow Joeroxx advice of hiring few people.

7. prakash

prakash
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Clearly add the sentence - "Share your comments" encourage readers to add comments and for more page views make your blog design in a way that readers can easily navigate to other pages. Add related stories column or something like that

8. nadablue

nadablue
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to me the best idea is to improve the Page views is by using the SMO strategies. SMO strategies help you to improve your website information on Social networking website and this may also help you to improve your page views by different different Users. Just need to post some quality information. There are many site of social networking but the best site are Facebook, Google plus, twitter, pinterest, tumblr, LinkedIn, meetme, Digg and lifestream.aol. All these website are good traffic and high page rank.

9. carldweb

carldweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is this really fine to get more views?

Hello sir,
    Is this really satisfied answer to more page views?
    Fine to make some changes on your blog, but how to reach up to people to add comments & sharing blog?

10. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes carldweb, prakash is right. After you publish your article, share it on the social media platforms you have accounts on, on forums (if they have a special section), you can ask other bloggers to link to it (if you have related and good quality content) and so on. The idea is to get some good traffic.

From here you can continue with prakash's suggestion:
    - ask people to post comments and share your content if they liked it (this should bring you more traffic; if the content is great, it may even go viral without asking for any engagement, but it is better to have a CTA in place)
    - in the body of your article you can add links to related information (other articles) on your blog and / or a section called "Related Articles" or "You May Also Like" just below the "comments" box.

11. seodubay

seodubay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Participate on other blogs it is a great way to get mutual traffic.

12. Hirenpatel

Hirenpatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am agreed with joeroxx that you can use to the social media platform to spread the word about your blog. You can ask people to share their views in comment so that they will comment on your blog.

13. matthewgayle

matthewgayle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

More page views means more traffic on your blog. Content is an important part. Most of visitors view your posts. So they will be the increment in your page views. So create high quality content for you blog.

14. Tonylest75

Tonylest75
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's not a big things, Write something unique and interesting on your blog share it on among Facebook and twitter and make it ranking able in search engine on that topic.

15. brainmoore

brainmoore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Selection of audience interested topic..doing some research and then putting all together when writing the content. As soon as the content is done we can promote it on rss feeds, social networks and other blog syndication websites to see some results in terms of pageviews and hopefully comments on it.

16. Christina Maria

Christina Maria
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Excellent overview of what to glean from each area of the acquisition reports! I'm self-taught on GA and this helped clarify what I thought I was seeing. Thanks. :)

17. Melissa Feeney

Melissa Feeney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need to write the fresh content and then share it in the social networking sites. If you have an article with the duplicate content, no one will wish to read or even to go through to your blog. And on the other hand, if you write quality content you don't need to do hard work to get the page views and comments. People will come to your blog and once it get viral you can come across huge page views and comments.

18. bonjoseph85

bonjoseph85
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If I start a blog, then first thing, I would concentrate on content. I will focus on post title and content as well. I will do research about the topic and add content, which is informative for my users. To get more views and comment, I will share my posts on social media websites. I will make connections with new users who have an interest in the content of my niche. I know it will take time, but it will surely drive good traffic on my blog.

19. IrekJanek

IrekJanek
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is one of the hardest parts, and the name is engagement. If you are able to engage your readers, like mind bloggers, topic related forum friends and other social media circles, you should have no problems getting people to comment on your site. BTW what is your website. You don't have to post a link but even if you include the address in plain text here, you might engage BAF readers to post some comments, just my opinion.

20. Kevin Peter

Kevin Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

I ideally, do the SEO optimization (meta titles, meta description, URL - to include keywords) for the blog post before it goes live.
    Then, spread the word across using the social media channels synced together -- Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
    Include the new blog as a armour to tap and talk other customers and prospects. Email it using marketing automation tool for all your opt-in contacts and track it.
    Have the sales guys include the blog page link in their email signature.
    Do content syndication campaigns for more powerful blog posts.

After doing this, people will definitely flow in and comment and have the engagement quotient high provided your content is that good!