How do you effectively manage your time at work?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by VnhumR, Jul 8, 2016.

1. VnhumR

VnhumR
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know a lot of people always find themselves busy at work with deadlines, plans and other no-name pieces of work. Here are some tips I'd like to share:
    1. Make daily to-do list
    2. Set priority (urgent and important first)
    3. Do the most complex work in the most productive time of a day (find it yourself)
    4. Do a single thing at a time (avoid multi-tasking)
    5. Learn to say no to other requests
    How do you manage your work time? Please share your tips in the comment below.

#1 VnhumR, Jul 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  2. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you have already mentioned all the things in your thread and there aren't many things which are required to do to manage the time at work. Anyone who will follow the tips you mentioned shouldn't have many issues in managing their time at work.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Landmark Swimming Pools

Landmark Swimming Pools
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I make sure that I leave other baggage at home and my only focus is my work for the day in the office..

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SConsultant

SConsultant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you consider / experience procrastination investigate that particular item, and make a plan to accomplish it. Break it down to little action steps and just begin. Same with those "projects" that seems hard / impossible to complete.
    Time management is one of the most important skills - what you listed is accurate and good practice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ferrychristian

ferrychristian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes prioritizing the work is the main key, I think firstly complex task should be done, then moving from difficult to easy should be followed. because when ever a person starts his work, in the beginning, the energy is high.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ramona Vandusen

Ramona Vandusen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's vital that you develop valuable strategies for supervision your time to balance the conflicting demands of time for learn, leisure, earning money and job hunting. Time organization skills are expensive in work hunting, but also in many other aspects of life: from revising for examination to operational in a holiday job.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ferrychristian

ferrychristian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Time for leisure, earning money or a holiday have to be manageable. This task is not that easy, these skills will come from discipline, if a person is disciplined in his her work, time will be managed easily. First one has to be disciplined then only other skills will be developed.

8. VnhumR

VnhumR
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm a bit confused here because you may have different sources of income and time for leisure is not always a fixed amount per day or week. Could you share the ways you manage your time with us? Thanks a million.

9. More Time More Profit

More Time More Profit
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Aside from creating a daily to-do list, I also create a not to-do list. This way, I will know what tasks I shouldn't be doing and just delegate them to my staff. With this, I can mostly fit in most of my tasks without going extra long hours of work. Here's a relevant podcast: Be a Role Model, Not a Superhero

10. addisoncave

addisoncave
    uix_expand uix_collapse

your first priority is work firstly make a list of work you have to do in a day and then find out the important work you have to do fistly do that after you do any other.