How do you develop a social media strategy?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by ChrisLeads, Jun 1, 2012.

1. ChrisLeads

ChrisLeads
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media is getting more popular nowadays.
    Currently, I'm retweeting, buidling wiki links and doing more press releases. But I wonder if there are any other methods that will work as well.

Thanks

2. mackey

mackey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

social media marketing is a tutorial series which teaches you how to utilize the power of social media channels to get more exposure, supporters and customers for your site and business. Social media marketing benefits organizations and individuals by providing an additional channel for customer support, a means to gain customer and competitive insight, and a method of managing their reputation online.

3. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To develop social media strategy, the site must have great content. Without content, the site have nothing to share in FB, twitter, pinterest and RSS feed.

4. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Lots of interesting contents - attractive - humorous, informative, enjoying and something factual. It is hard to know which ones work the best, but it solely depends on how you think-create-and deliver your output to grab traffic numbers.

5. Owen

Owen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First you need to build your base community. Building base community is little difficult. To do so, you need to follow the steps:

1. Follow them and Listen to them.
    2. Engage with them.
    3. Get Credibility.

While following related people in social media you need to listen what their interests are. Then you need to create your content according to their interest. Then start engage with them.
    While creating content you need to follow these steps:

1. 40% Content on on-topic.
    2. 30% Content on related topic.
    3. 30% Content on generic topic which will entertain while they listen to you.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO FOLLOW YOU OR RE-SHARE YOUR CONTENT, IF YOU WRITE FOR THEM THEY WILL DEFINITELY DO THAT

• Like Like x 1
  6. elina

elina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

re-tweeting, PR submissions are not enough to achieve good ranking or traffic. participate in forums discussions, submit some directories, book marks and articles. the quality content will really helps you.
    three important elements to developing an effective content strategy.
    You need to know what your customers, audience or community want to talk about and be willing to engage in those conversations.
    You need to know where your audience wants to have these conversations; in other words, where they “hang out” online.
    You need to measure the results of your conversations to see which ones catch fire.

companies like Nichesuite helps you in getting the best results, all social media best practices they will do, for your site to bring your site . It helps to drive the good traffic for you site.

Try Nichesuite

7. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would argue that these numbers are not fixed and should not be followed in every case - but they're probably not far off.

I also have to disagree about not asking to share content.

A call to action is one of the most powerful things you can do, the difference between an image getting 10 shares and 50 could be something like..

"Share with your friends if this is you in a morning"

A call to action is basic ingredient of any marketing, on or offline, and should always be part of some of your posts - just not all.

8. Owen

Owen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with you. Its just a suggestion to keep your community entertained. Because they will get boar if they get only on topic every time. relevant topic and general topic will be a refreshment.

You mistaken what I mentioned. I didn't about the call to action button. I would prefer that. But I was talking about as soon as you followed someone, and sending them direct message to retweet, or chatting with friends and giving link to like / reshare. Hope I cleared my statement.

9. ChrisLeads

ChrisLeads
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for all of your suggestions,

Anyway how can I maintain or increase my followers?
    Because everyday I check it, follower's decreasing.

Thanks

10. Navida

Navida
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, this is also happening with me, but I found a way that is I try to comment on my followers post. Because, I think this process will keep me in touch with my followers. Follow other as after this they will also start to follow you. I hope this trick works for me.

11. ChrisLeads

ChrisLeads
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Navida, I am doing what you've suggested to me and your right.

12. platnumcn

platnumcn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am agree with you

13. sayitproud

sayitproud
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This strategy is always about figuring out who your main audience is. You might even imagine a couple of them in your mind. How old? What do they do for a living? What do they value? Picture them. And then think about what would make them feel spoken to and heard and which sites are they most likely to be on?

14. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you tried creating ebooks/ PDF files / inforgraphics then submit it to social media sites as well as social publishing sites like Scribd? It is one of the best ways if you haven't done it yet.

15. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have to say I agree with JPM. Actually there is an article I read somewhere that says that the more you say that you should share the post the more people that will re-post it. If you said to share then they'll share. If you said to like it, they like it. Of course, it'll depend on what kind of content are you offering.

16. astonblake

astonblake
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media strategy should typically be a subset of an existing strategy — will yours be a subset of an HR, marketing, PR, customer service strategy, etc? Stand alone social media strategies tend to either operate in a silo — or naturally creep into other areas of business. The natural growth into existing areas of business can often create conflict over who should own, what budget should be responsible for operations, etc. If you’re experimenting, it’s good to think about how conflicts should be handled should this natural creep arise. If you’re planning strategically, it’s probably better to do your homework up front and clearly prioritize how social media will ideally spread into other areas of operations and make recommendations according to this prioritization schedule.

17. ScottBradley

ScottBradley
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wrote an article specifically about this for companies who already have a customer base.

http://www.ScottBradley.name/how-to...r-companies-who-already-have-a-customer-base/

Let me know if you have any questions about it!

18. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Blogging. It can actually be a form of social media strategy as you tend to share ideas to the public or in a network of people and in return they would share their own thoughts about it as well - until people tend to share it using their own social media accounts. More like a spreading the word through the internet.

19. ilovedesign

ilovedesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Blogging is also a very effective social media strategy. But if you want to use sites like fb, twitter and g+ it would help if you build genuine relationship with you fans. You can also run contests there.

20. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just improve your social media profiles takes real followers related to your business. Get likes, re tweet and plus at all of your sharing to make social media strong.