How do you define QUALITY?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Mark T, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In many businesses and company these days, among the term that are broadly used is the term "QUALITY".

But how do you define "QUALITY"?

According to Winder, Richard E. and Judd, Daniel K., they define QUALITY as : "Quality itself has been defined as fundamentally relational: 'Quality is the ongoing process of building and sustaining relationships by assessing, anticipating, and fulfilling stated and implied needs.'"

I agree with this - that QUALITY is a matter of continuous and on going process of BUILDING and SUSTAINING RELATIONSHIPS. And to further add on it, on my own, I define QUALITY as a long term foundation that lasts.

Many of us have different understanding of QUALITY - whether from business perspective, to automotive or industrial perspective, etc.

So how about you, how do you define QUALITY? Don't worry, there are no RIGHT or WRONG answers here. :)

Regards,
    Alex

• Like Like x 1
  2. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Quality in different aspects and elements in a Business is important to their clients is satisfied and happy with them. This makes the business grow and make more clients. Good one Alex.

3. Krisz Rokk

Krisz Rokk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great question, thanks for that!
    My favourite definition of quality comes from Aristotle "Quality is not an act, it is a habit." The meaning of his words is so powerful.
    And along with that goes the attitude Steve Jobs adopted: "Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected."

• Like Like x 1
  4. jcworlditsme

jcworlditsme
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Indeed, that one can be difficult to answer as it varies depending on the type of business.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The best way I ever heard quality described was in a very short and simple manner - "Quality is what your customers think it is"!

6. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Quality is the main concern of the consumers, even it is in a high cost they will not suffer the quality of a certain products, goods or services.Having a high quality products or services is also one key in building a good customer relationship.

7. merryscanlan

merryscanlan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Quality itself defined as. Quality is the constant process of build sustains relationships by anticipating, assessing and satisfying stated and obscure requirements.

8. rjd1265

rjd1265
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is the only right answer. you can spend hours writing a quality site or selling quality products but there is someone out there that will think the same thing is junk.

Same thing when I aked my Realtor what my house was worth....she said "what someone is willing to pay for it" Touche!

9. AshleyWhiteBusin

AshleyWhiteBusin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Quality has many meaning but for me, quality is the perfection of the product that you offer to clients and what makes them satisfied.

10. MFeynmann

MFeynmann
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me quality is the thing that not only define perfection of the product but all it's characteristics e.g price, durability, precision and accuracy, comfort , speed, flexibility etc.

11. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Quality take concern on both overall and small small thing. By compare within brand and non brand items, it can tell us the different.

12. ThirdSEO

ThirdSEO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In Internet marketing "quality" describes accurate, informative content from a reputable source that fulfills a user's need for that information.

13. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Again, we have DIFFERENT views and understanding of what quality is - especially when it comes to different perspectives and aspects.

14. rlhealthcare

rlhealthcare
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,
    he definition of quality often depends on the stakeholders. Stakeholders are, as the name implies, people with some stake or concern in the process.In manufacturing, the definition of quality can be fairly straightforward. Products should work as intended with a minimum number of faults or failures. Stakeholders might be:
    Management, who wants to see improved production numbers with acceptable quality.Union officials, who want the best conditions and highest pay for employees Employees, who want consistent work in a safe environment.Customers/purchasers, who want value for their money.In service industries, customer satisfaction is often the primary measure.

15. RegAddking

RegAddking
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Quality = better than most of your competition.

16. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well not really. You can outrank your competitions in a whole lot of ways. Sometimes providing a much better service and giving them the right quality standards is much better.

17. Matt Damon

Matt Damon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Quality in different factors and components in a Business is important to their customers is fulfilled and satisfied with them. This creates the company develop and make more customers. Good one Alex.

18. helia

helia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Offering your consumer all the best without thinking how much it will cost to your business.

19. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Why apple product is quality? The moment you begin with apple product, you feel that they seem to be perfect in all area. From advertising, packing, graphic, user satisfaction.....

20. ilovedesign

ilovedesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I really like Fergal’s quote, “Quality is what your customers think it is!” Did someone particular say that? Or was it just a random person? To me quality means hard work and endurance.