how do you avoid getting drawn into get-rich-quick scams?

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by takeshifujimoto, Jul 2, 2015.

1. takeshifujimoto

takeshifujimoto
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you're like me, and you've been trying to find a decent and sustainable way to make some money online, its hard not to fall prey to the multitudes of scams and blog posts saturated with referral links. How do you discern the honest from the dishonest? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

2. jteezymob

jteezymob
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One should pretty much avoid any get rich quick scheme they receive on the internet. About 99% of them are scams. Just ignore them all.

3. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My rule of thumb in investment offers is this - when it is too good to be true, forget it. Since I was young, I have heard of so many scams, from fish pond investment to car exchange investment with the come on of earning fast money but apparently just to lure you in giving them your money. For now, the most prevalent here is the investment scam where you place your money like money market to earn 50% of the principal in 3 months time. Wonderful eh?

4. Elysium

Elysium
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Moderation Monkey

I have to agree with @Corzhens , if it's too good to be true, it usually is. MY trust of the internet world continues to diminish, and unless you personally know the person you are dealing with online, then forget about the job. Most of the internet is made up of scammers who try and get young teenagers trying to get money online, because they know they can. :p

5. tsubibo

tsubibo
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Treat every investment that come your way with skepticism. If its too good to be true it probably is.

6. CrowdedHighways

CrowdedHighways
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Get-rich-quick sites are almost always a scam. Just avoid them. One way to find out which sites are unreliable is to think like you were the person offering money for doing some tasks(taking surveys, clicking on ads or whatever). Say, you see a site that offers $2.00 for clicking on an add, and a site that offers a few cents for clicking on an add. Would you be willing to offer 2 dollars to someone just so they would click on the add, especially if you know they will most likely not even look at the add? Probably not, so the site is probably unreliable, while the site which offers a few cents per a click might(MIGHT!) be reliable.

7. Anime

Anime
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This what i do....
    1.Check for domain name if its free domain try to avoid it.
    2.Check for how long they are in business.
    3.Check for spelling mistake,check weather they have forum or not,check for latest payment proofs.
    4.If its investment site only invest once cashout asap you may discontinue after that if you wanna continue keep reinvesting profits only.
    5.Finally do your own research do not believe on forum vouches they can be bought not always but sometimes.

8. m0n2k

m0n2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are ways to avoid scams. You should do research on the sites you find before you invest your time in them. What I do is look for online opportunities then research them, weeding out good ones from scams. It's like looking for a job just keep searching until you find one. Youtube is helpful also, you should try searching there.

9. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, the first thing that you have to think about is if you think what they are offering is real. I mean let's be honest, you can't make $100 a day online with one website. It's just not really that possible because then more people would know about the site and they would be doing it. There isn't a way that you can get rich quick. You have to work in order to get your money. If it's something that sounds easy, then it's also probably not real. I mean those are just some of the things that I think about when I'm seeing scams like that. There are so many other ones out there though, it's hard to know what ones are real and what ones aren't.

10. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No matter how sincere and legit some sites may appear if they sound too good to be true then probably they are. That is the only rule I follow and to give them the benefit of the doubt I do my own research or I ask around

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. elmarianexx

elmarianexx
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just simply ignore them, because it's not worth even looking at them and wasting time. A website offering to earn 100$ dollars a day is obviously a scam because a beginner will never earn that much, only naive people will get caught at that, and invest money that will never return to them. Like the members above me said 99.9% of such websites are scams. :eek: We should all be aware that to make money online we need to dedicate time, and put a lot effort in our work. If we aren't successful and fail we shouldn't quit, the key to success is to not give up.

• Like Like x 1
  12. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The internet is full of scams and frauds, that's why people should keep an alert mind and don't rush with their decisions. Before joining a website, make sure to research about it whether it has positive or negative reviews. Also, if an online job is asking for money or investment, never ever believe it. It is surely a scam.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are so many work-at-home scams out there so it's always worth doing a quick search before you sign up for a site. Look for reviews of a site that nterests you, or see if anyone is discussing it on related forums.

As a rule of thumb though, anything which seems too good to be true usually is! Also avoid any site which asks you for any type of joining fee.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. lporter

lporter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To avoid scams I find reviews about the website or program before I sign up for it. I also googled 'how to avoid scams'. I found pretty good advice stating if you have to pay them just to start earning money, It is a scam. If I can't find enough information on it from the internet I just try it out. I use the website until I can pay out. If it works properly, I continue to use it. If not, I deactivate my account and keep moving to better resources.

15. LogansWalk

LogansWalk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I simply avoid any and all of them - as others have said, if it sounds too good to be true, it is and rarely, if ever, is anything of worth earned without putting-in some kind of effort.

16. Briannagodess

Briannagodess
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I try to avoid sites with membership fees as I do not feel paying to earn is necessary. Though not all sites who require a fee are scams, some of them are. There are a lot of free sites that does not require you to pay.

As with what others said, when it is too good to be true, it is probably not worth it. Do not be swayed by easy money scams. Patience is a virtue when it comes to earning money online.

17. blaze4545

blaze4545
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If it helps, eventually you will be able to notice. A lot of these get rich quick schemes tend to follow the same format. Glowing and impressive font, unrealistic goals and potential earnings, fake testimonials bought online etc. The thing is, if its too good to be true, it probably is. Like Iporter said, do a lot of research before even considering joining a site. Also searching the company +SCAM will find any direct reports or potential scams that the company has been linked to. While doing your research, you want to make sure that you are looking at an unbiased investigation site as many scam investigators could potentially be influenced by the site.