How Do Search Engines Fight Link Spam?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by krishnanayak, Sep 3, 2016.

1. krishnanayak

krishnanayak
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How spammers try to circumvent search engine guidelines to obtain high rankings for sites that may not deserve those rankings. Of course, the search engines do many things to fight link spam. please someone share own thought to understand about this.

2. cheta

cheta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is why i always encourage that one must try to create his back-links manually, instead of using software. Google search engine detect Spam links when i notices that such links are numerous and from low quality websites and they are are created within a very short period of time. such spam links can make Google penalize or even ban your website completely. one needs to be very careful and be wise.

3. Asher ross

Asher ross
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Their algorithms are set in such a way which easily detect spam links. Some of them are:

1. Links labelled as advertisements.
    2. Site-wide Links
    3. Link sold by a link broker
    4. Selling site has information on how to buy a text link ad
    5. Relevance of your link
    6. Quality of neighboring links
    7. Location outside main link

4. alastairbrian

alastairbrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Spamming like this is hardly possible because Google is now more strict. Current example you can take of Penguin that is now will be real time.

5. hrishivardhan

hrishivardhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google has now has a real time beast which is called a penguin and it is kind of algorithm who don't like the spamming and link farms. if it will found anything like that. it will automatically go for the no index. and it saves search engine from spamming sites.

6. Elegant_Designs

Elegant_Designs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The algo is very smart (too smart), after collecting tons of data of how spammy links should be like, Google can now penalise website pages in real-time which is good as you can recover a lot faster than last time. Will suggest to only go for high quality backlinks from websites with authority; is a lot harder to get but once you got it, it will help in your rankings a lot. I remember getting 1 backlink from 1 of the very popular magazine websites, instantly my keyword ranked top 3 and got free traffic on a daily basis. Good content will help you in getting your backlinks naturally without even you asking.