How do I switch around my wifi settings with this mess? Heeeelp?

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by Lbvcjhks, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Lbvcjhks

Lbvcjhks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm repainting a room and the wall I plan on doing tomorrow has a massive desk in front of it with a desktop computer on it. In redoing the room, I'd like to get rid of this old crap that isn't used whatsoever. We only use our laptops now as our main computers anyway. We've got the AT&T U-Verse set up, as well.
    What I'm looking to do is get rid of the entire monitor and computer, however, our main wifi is set up with this computer.
    How in the hell do I set up the wifi with the router and all and still keep the wifi connected and everything in-tact with our current laptop settings?
    I'm fairly good with technology, but I just don't know how you would get rid of the main set up and still keep the wifi going, uninterrupted.
    Please leave very detailed directions, thanks!

2. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. Get to know your wireless router brand and model, with that you can recover default factory ID and password.
    2. To configure your laptop and router, you need to plug in a LAN cable to both device. Next put in default IP.
    I not sure what is your default routing IP, in Malaysia it start with 192.168.1.1.
    3. Configure your router with your dial-up ID (your telco service provider e.g. AT&T)
    4. Setup name your wireless and security key.

3. td2011

td2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sounds like a mind bender. Have had similar situations but not my skills i'm afraid.