How do I reach a certain business sector??

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by helixpoint, Jan 12, 2013.

1. helixpoint

helixpoint
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My company is in the process of developing a piece of software for dog breeders. What is a good way to contact breeders. I am guessing email lists are out? regular mail list??? Can anyone help me?

Dave

2. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here are some ideas:

1) Advertise in magazines that they read
    2) Create a Twitter account - Follow as many dog breeders as you can find - Retweet their best tweets and they will notice you - It gets your foot in the door toward building a relationship
    3) Google them to find ones that have websites - collect contact info from website (you can also hire a virtual assistant to help you do this on Amazon Turk, Odesk or Fiverr.com)
    4) Visit business directories online and compile lists of contact information from them (or use a VA to do that too)
    5) Checkout http://breeders.net
    6) Checkout http://www.akc.org/breederinfo/breeder_search.cfm
    7) Buy a list from InfoUSA.com
    8) Create a website that dog breeders would want to visit like a dog breeder advice website of some kind. Give away a free guide or free report from the site that only someone who is a dog breeder would want. Make the person give you their name and email address in order to download the product. Then compile that contact information into a list you can use to market your software.
    9) Use Google Adwords to target search phrases that people are typing into Google in order to find a solution to whatever problem your software helps breeders solve
    10) Create a Facebook fan page.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Dave.

Ted has already given you some excellent advice. The only thing that I would add is that you try contacting some dog breeders associations and networks. Inform them of the software you are providing and outline how it could help their members. Ask them how they can help you communicate with their members. They may for example sell you an ad slot in their email newsletter or another publication that they produce for their members.

4. john_mclaren

john_mclaren
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ted gave you excellent advice on that and i would add that :

Include SMM promotion strategy to your marketing regime by creating business pages for your business and do include joining business related forums which contain threads relating to your business. You will get to gather a wide innovative ideas for your business from such discussions.

5. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think they do have facebook pages or linkedin group.

6. eelizasanchez121

eelizasanchez121
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to the forum,
    You can use social media to make the contact with as much Dog breeders as you want. Join groups and pages there.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Who are "they"?..

8. Jack Simmons

Jack Simmons
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can do it with thorough study on your target market because in doing so you will be able to know what type of product or services that your prospects want...

9. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I mean the dog breeders. I've searched dog breeders on the search box of facebook and found lots of them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LiquidServe

LiquidServe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You could get cheap email lists from seoclerks. I think they are as cheap as $5.