How do I outperform my competitors?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by shanebarack, Jun 6, 2010.

1. shanebarack

shanebarack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am getting very insecure of my competitors. They are going ahead of me. I own a moving company in Florida. I was number one on Google for ‘Florida movers’ and now my competitors seem to have outperformed me. I believe my Joomla site is optimized effectively. I hope I didn’t repeat my keywords too often. I am still number 1 for ‘Florida moving company. I want to be number one for ‘Florida movers’ as well. I want to get back to position one. Can someone help me outperform my competitors? Any SEO advice to outshine my rivals? Please help!

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

shanebarack would you mind posting a link to your website? We can offer you more helpful suggestions, if we know the site involved.

Something you could start doing immediately, is building backlinks to your site, using the anchor text "Florida movers". Adding the site to your signature here on Business Advice Forum, would be a good start.

3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

having that goal will motivate yourself to add more contents and optimize the artilces you've been adding. like fergal suggest, it will be helpful.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Are you "123 movers"? As of now, that's the site that is #1 for "florida moving company". I checked "florida movers", and the #1 and #2 sites are "floridamovers.com" and "floridamovers.org". Basically, they are ranked for that phrase because the phrase is the name of their site. Your drop may be temporary, as long as you keep doing what got you to #1 in the first place.
    If you can verify the URL of your site, by PM if necessary, I can check your site and see if anything else needs to be done.