How do i motivate myself?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by 50Cent, Jul 22, 2010.

1. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How do i motivate myself when i have a business turn off or reject when doing the project halfway through?

I can't really think according to what the client's design brief and work towards it. Any tips for here too?

2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

probably try to look at your bills every time you're giving up.

3. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do not have really much bills ?

4. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

then probably aim for something like you need to buy a new laptop. or something else that you wanted long time ago

5. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have my goal is to earn 1k within 2 years time.

6. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1K in 2 years? :rolleyes:
    can't you aim higher than that?
    some are earning about 1K in a month

7. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am currently new to the industry. So I will just keep myself going to where i can not aiming too high yet. As I have fail 2 business dead. But not going to give up so easy.

8. Mountain Man

Mountain Man
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Whatever your goals they should be obtainable. make goals you think you can reach. Take a look at your average over the last 6 months or a year and aim to improve by 10%. whether it is money or customers or billable hours. Big goals are great, but when you don't meet them it can be a big let down.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ask yourself what kind of person you want to be, perhaps even write down the answer. Then ask yourself if what you are doing and the way that you are working is helping you to be the person you want to be. If it's not, make small changes and use your vision of who you want to be, to motivate you. This is really powerful when used right and can help you to make substantial positive changes in your life.

Something else that might work for you is setting yourself monthly projects, goals or challenges. Don't make the goal to demanding or you won't achieve it and it will be demotivating. Try to set it at a level that you can confidently achieve, just by stretching yourself a little.

Do you think that type of approach could work for you.

10. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will think about it.

11. tmijs789

tmijs789
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most of this advice is solid. It really sounds like you just need to get some energy.

This video is sickningly cute, but it makes a good point of how you can just get fired up and give'r!
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tk7MRacdBsM&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tk7MRacdBsM&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Hope it makes you smile?

12. SamTHorn

SamTHorn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To change a thought you must change your mind. My mind changes at 4:20...

13. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You know grab hold of the things that you'd really love more than anything to have in your life in 3 to 5 years. Don't worry about being realistic just grab hold of those things that are big enough to keep you going always.

Then come back to what you can do now to progress getting to those goals. Funnily enough I find that it is the funniest of these goals that keep me focussed and kicking forward. If you don't feel them or really, really want them they just don't cut the mustard.

As for keeping on track with client briefs make your client questionnaire and information more specific, tighter and more succinct. Have your input, add your creative inspiration at the design brief stage with insightful guidance but then design to their brief. Maybe you need to include one design for each client - the first one which is completely what you would do if you had free reign and then having got that out of your system settle down to meet their needs.

You just need a big enough reason.

14. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

THanks for the advice guys!

15. chryssa

chryssa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you might be thinking a lot at once. focus on what is the most important goal or task for the day. if the pressure is kicking in and you feel like giving up, make it a habit to start work at the same time everyday. start with the most important task of the day and the rest will follow. fear is a state of mind and also is stress and pressure and all the negative vibes. we are what we think and i do really believe in this. it is hard to tough but you have to if you want to succeed in life, as you said you won't give up easily then just take one step at a time. ;)

16. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The tougher the goal the tougher you wanted to achieve it. Set up a very tough goal for you to be eagerly aim it. That's how i motivate my self. Try to apply it with yours. :D

17. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best thing to motivate you is to reward yourself once you achieved that goal.
    Or maybe, do it every month. Buy what you want with the money you earned and keep all the extra for your savings.

This is how I motivate myself. Since I'm into toy collecting, I try to earn as much as possible so I can buy these figures every month.
    So far, I'm buying 1 or 2 figure each month. Then, the remaining money will go to my savings or I give it to my family to help on the expenses.

This is my collection now. And everytime I look at it, it tells me to continue working so that I can add another one or two next month. :D

18. Scottypops

Scottypops
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can't really motivate yourself in my opinion. You either have the ambition and drive or you just don't.

19. Leo B

Leo B
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How get success...

I think how to get succeuss, you have to think about the goal a long time , and find out what you really want to do , and the thing you want to have ...and what you own , this is my small bussiness , I am a engineer of sofrware , And I produced so many software , like the RZ DVD Creator , it is a dvd burning aoftware , like burn avi to dvd , and the audio converter ...

20. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What do you mean by that?