how do i market a service that people are not aware of

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by mike1574, Jan 2, 2015.

1. mike1574

mike1574
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Im looking into opening a car leasing brokerage in san diego. This service is in high demand in other cities but people in san diego don't know of it .
    This is not simply marketing to people who already know about a service and are just shopping around for the right broker, But rather "putting the idea in their head "so it's more of a 2 step marketing process , where you have to teach the clientele about your service and then market to them

Any advice

#1 mike1574, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  2. prestonp

prestonp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just searched that service on Google with san diego in my search and found that there are so many websites offering this same kind of service. Are you really sure people don't know about this thing? I doubt that there is anyone in US who doesn't know about car leasing brokers, but I can be wrong.

3. Hirenpatel

Hirenpatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, prestonp is right. I have also checked some keywords and found that people are searching keywords related to your business means they are aware about it. It is a good news for you. You can get customer for your business easily.

4. mike1574

mike1574
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for replying!
    Perhaps ppl know of it ,but it's not common for them to use it. I've been asking everyone i meet what they think about when they want to get a new lease and the reply is always "go to the dealership". I want to change that mindset . We have the ability to save ppl money and i truly belive we offer a great service without pulling a sock over anyone 's eyes

5. mike1574

mike1574
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hirenpatel, did you check leasing or leasing brokerage? How can i get more keywords to direct ppl to my site ?
    when you type in car leasing san diego we are on top but if you change the wording we are still on top but with competition

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

as others have pointed out, you are in a field with a lot of competition, from other car leasing companies as well as from car dealers. To market yourself effectively, you have to differentiate yourself in some way. How are you different from other leasing companies? How is your service better than your competitors? Unfortunately, this doesn't work with the organic listings on the search engines, because they are more concerned about the relevance to the search query, and your competitors are just as relevant as you are. In that case, you have to reach out to your potential customers through social media, educating them about car leasing. You can offer special discounts to people who "like" your page(s), but be careful not to use posts and updates solely, or mostly, to market yourself. You can also write articles for sites like LinkedIn or MosaicHub about car leasing, keeping in mind that the purpose of these articles is to educate, also not to market yourself. You should, however, include links to your site for the search engines to find, since they are still important. But links should never be the purpose of the article.

#6 Joseph.Shivell, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  7. HooktoWin

HooktoWin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Mike1574, you're in a tough spot. You may have an awesome product, but it's one most people aren't aware of and don't think of regularly. It's going to stay that way unless you...

1. Get impressions, lots of impressions. Display advertising via banner ads, video ads, billboards (if you have the budget). You need lots of introductions to "put this idea in their head" when your marketing angle is unfamiliar.
    2. Make it relatable. Customers need something they can relate to conceptually. (e.g. Aquatic Taekwondo may be bizarre but it's something customers can relate to).
    3. Trigger their attention. You know customers are bombarded with marketing messages all day long. Your marketing needs to get through that. Use psychological triggers to grab their attention instantly.
    4. Tie your solution to a problem. Problems get our attention, they draw us in and create focus. Find your customer's biggest problem. Lead with the problem, agitate the problem, then present the solution.

If I were in your position, I'd look into Remainder advertising (aka advertising space that a media company has been unable to sell). Get your hands on as much as you can buy, do it consistently on ultra relevant, high traffic sites. This will get you the access and introductions you desperately need.

Your idea seems sound, especially for highly populated areas.

You can do this.

Andrew

8. john14

john14
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are different types of marketing like on line marketing and off line marketing if we talk about online marketing then pay per click is a good option for brand promotion and getting some quick leads and then later SEO can be beneficial bit it will take time

9. prakash

prakash
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First you decide your Target audience. Then, make your audience aware of your service. For this you need to do paid marketing on Facebook, GDN, Google Search and video ads (if applicable). You can use email marketing and other marketing strategy to contact your targeted customers, and get their feedback on your service so that you can improve your service.

#9 prakash, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2015
  10. johncarry

johncarry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can use promotional products which increase your brand awareness as well as your business.

11. Kevin Peter

Kevin Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Word of mouth definitely works wonder for any business. Along with this, build the trust of people around you, who know you. So, think of having this being converted to digital. Have them talk about you on the digital platforms so that you get free publicity and increased reach. Give them perks to talk to about you in a good way, appreciate and build the rapport. Paid ads anyway let you target people who are searching for you. But, you need to ensure to have the market credibility built for a long term business goal.

12. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Come up with a good tag line representing your business. List out all your target audience and make campaigns reaching out to them in a streamlined manner. Same time you can also talk to people about your business. Initial stage building network for the business is little difficult. When it will catch up with the pace, you will be a shining star in the industry.

13. john14

john14
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google offers different advertising options like Google adwords, display advertising, and also some other forms are affiliate marketing , facebook advertising, Youtube, Linkedin now it all depends on the nature of the services you want to promote, your target audience and your goals and objectives