how do i make money?

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by Frankers, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Frankers

Frankers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am going to explain why this is such a bad mindset to have. You may be broke currently or trying to find a way to make money. I understand that it can be hard at times but let me attempt to persuade you to change your way of thinking if you would.

Let us say that you have $90 in your checking account and you are looking for a way to make money fast. You may even have a mortgage and you’re trying to keep your head above water. It feels horrible not having money and so you begin to search ways to make more. What really amazes me is that you may be making A LOT of money but still not have any of it left in the bank.

You would be surprised the type of people that are like this. Just because someone is a lawyer, doctor, or business owner doesn’t mean they are good with money and it doesn’t mean that are not financially strapped. Since those people are already making a lot of money, they shouldn’t focus on the amount of money they are making but why they are spending what they have.

If you are asking yourself how you can make more, you are not seeing the big picture. You have to get at the root of the problem. Awareness of why you are broke is where you really have to focus.

I can sense broke people from a mile away. They give into things much more quickly than those that are abundant. Anger and impatience are two qualities they possess. They may be overly sensitive to any slight of their ego. Or they may get so angry at the smallest thing; you may think they are a little off.

They need whatever they are focused on NOW. You can sense their unease when in the grocery store, for instance, waiting in line. You may hear a honk from him/her behind you almost instantly after a traffic light turns green. Being around them is usually unbearable because they need that instant gratification of your presence. Eww.

The main problem with most people who have money issues is undoubtedly instant gratification. They buy a car before they should. They buy a house when it is not right. They buy a house THAT IS TOO BIG for their budget. They buy all the fancy clothes and nice jewelry. People like this always have a lot of what I call “stuff”. You can go inside their house and the kitchen table is toppled with it.

What is even more disturbing is that these people don’t realize what they are doing. They live in this mode of reaction that takes them from financially happy to dead broke on a consistent basis. A big problem of theirs is they never take time to understand what they are doing wrong.

Let me make a distinction though. There are those broke men and women who know why they are broke and are working to improve their situation. They can be very patient and understanding with almost everything. They realize that it is just a temporary setback and it is no big deal.

Many times, these people act as if they are rich already. You can’t even tell that they have no money. But what makes them different? One thing I think they get is that being rich does not mean having a bunch of money.

It really is a state of mind. Have you heard this before? I bet you have. You may think that sounds stupid but think about it for a second. Is it really as stupid as working hard and always worrying about how to make paper? Yes, that is all it is, PAPER. The government gives value to paper and you let that PAPER get in the way of your happiness.

Your problem is not that you are broke, it is that you allow paper to be bigger than who you are. You let it consume you so that you think about day in and day out. How do I afford this? How can I pay my insurance? How am I going to support my family? And you know what it is hard not to blame people in these situations. I felt the pain myself. It SUCKS.

So what should you do? First, like I said, you need to find the root of the problem. It may be that you want every shiny thing or CANDY that you see. The way to fix that is not only to stop spending money so readily, but to stop giving into instant gratification in every area of your life.

You may have a bad habit of eating bad food, not exercising, watching TV, drinking, exc. And guess what? That is why you are broke! Those things are contributing to your scarcity mindset. Giving in tells your subconscious that you can’t control yourself and that you probably can’t get it later. So when you have money in your hand, you spend it without even thinking about it.

Learn to control yourself with everything. Track what you do for the day and start to notice the pleasurable things you are indulging in all the time. You will start to notice yourself having stronger and stronger DISCIPLINE. When done right, you won’t have to think about saying no to spending too much money.

Second, you need to be grateful for everything. Take time out of your day to notice that you are ACTUALLY doing well. You have a place to live (hopefully). Since you are reading this now, you have a computer right? Think about it. Do you have a family? Do you have at least one friend? If the answer is yes, you have a great life.

You see, many people think they will obtain more by focusing on what they don’t have. But focusing on the lack of something only brings more of LACK into existence. On the other hand, if they focused on the extraordinary amount of great things in their life, they can’t help but bring more of it in their life.

You need to be bigger than the paper my friend. It doesn’t own you. And you may think that the lack of money causes problems but it doesn’t. You cause problems. That’s not to say that you shouldn’t have problems because it is a sign of life. But the way to solve them is by being bigger than them or outmatches them.

Third, focus on providing value rather than taking it. When your sole focus is on making money, you are taking value from society instead of giving it. When you refrain from instant gratification and give value, you are on your way to being rich.

Think about it this way. Have you ever tried to ask someone for a favor and they gave you a swift no? Like not even a maybe, a COMPLETE NO. Well, what if you did 5 favors for them first, and withheld the instant gratification to demand something in return? Do you think that person will be more likely to say yes when you ask them for something.

I experienced this on a very high level when I was working in a sales office, it was really interesting. Everyone was giving value on a consistent basis and no one was asking for anything in return. What do you call this? Well, it is usually known as a TEAM right? You’ll notice that the very HIGH PERFORMING, championship sports teams will act as such. When their coach asks them for something, they all fight for who is going to do it. They volunteer themself to do thing that normally most people would dread.

So learn from these things and commit to implanting them in your life.

Also visit my other posts about discipline. You can find them here.

http://thebusinessvisionary.com/2012/07/21/the-secret-to-discipline-part-1/

http://thebusinessvisionary.com/2012/07/23/the-secret-to-discipline-part-2-it-changed-my-life/

• Like Like x 1
  2. RanoMukhi

RanoMukhi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing your personal experience with us on this topic, your article is quite motivating, and i have bookmarked your site to learn things in future..

3. Frankers

Frankers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No problem Rano. I hope you learn a lot from my site. I will be doing interviews with many business owners so you will learn from them as well

4. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That was a great post Frankers. It will surely help many people. I like your messages about commitment and discipline.

5. Frankers

Frankers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yea, I believe those two things make people happy. Thanks for the reply.

6. nvir477

nvir477
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks frankers. that was a great Post by you and it rally very helpful to other. i am sure i will contact you..

7. Frankers

Frankers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No problem, call any time.

8. MICHAEL LINDMARK

MICHAEL LINDMARK
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can never earn money if you just seat and wait, you must work hard.

9. Frankers

Frankers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes but also smart

10. virt_train

virt_train
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with you Frankers, indeed it is very important to identify the root of the problem. Otherwise, problem will just keep on repeating. In my case, I went through financial difficulty primarily because of "ignorance" on handling money and impatience. During this season, I learned this 3 key points:

1. I need to be financially empowered to make the right decisions and choices.
    2. It is not how much money I make but it is how much money I save.
    3. To life a happy and fulfilled life, I should never compare myself to other people

11. socialme82

socialme82
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sounds like you really must know what you are talking about! Thanks a lot!

12. fish

fish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing.
    Will Wordpress + WP Robot +Senuke to be a good combination?
    And this combination can make money for bloggers?

13. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Frankers, great article there. Well I admit it really help me in a way. To actually see things that I never seen before. I do hope that I can keep in mind you article so that I can live it out. A lot of people are like this everywhere and basically they don't noticed that they are.