How do I make a currency my default curency but at checkout use USD (defrent curency)

Discussion in 'Wordpress' started by George David, Aug 16, 2017.

1. George David

George David
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello guys am new to wordpress, I have managed to create an ecommerce website. so I went to the woocommerce plugin settings and made MAD my default curency but paypal does not accept this currency. now I want to checkout my payments without changing it. (frontend-MAD / backend-USD).

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I believe that when a PayPal account is set up, it is then connected to a bank account and/or credit/debit card. You would then select one of those options as your primary method of payment. If you set up the bank account as your primary method of payment, then the bank's currency must be a currency accepted by PayPal. MAD, USD, and PayPal are three different forms of payment. As long as both the PayPal account used to pay for a purchase, and the business PayPal account are set up with a bank that uses USD as their currency, it shouldn't be a problem. However, if you use MAD as the default currency and want to deposit it into a PayPal account, you would have to deposit the payment into a bank account first, then convert it to USD, then deposit it into your business bank account. The conversion and deposit into your PayPal account would be a separate transaction that has nothing to do with the purchase.

3. Smith-K

Smith-K
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe you cannot do that with Paypal as it will only accept payments in the accepted currency types. Also, why would you want to use Paypal for your eCommerce store?

You can always contact their support and I am sure they should help. I believe you can link your credit card but not your Moroccan bank account.

This should help you: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I checked the link that Smith-K recommended, and found that you can receive funds using any of about 10 different debit/credit cards, but can only withdraw to a debit/credit/prepaid card or a US bank account. The US bank account might be because I am located in the US, you would have to check it yourself to verify that. Also, there is a link to the 26 currencies PayPal supports, but it doesn't work for me.